2003 BMW K1200GT OPINIONS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Jun 22nd, 2017, 9:29 am Thread Starter

Garage
Post 2003 BMW K1200GT OPINIONS

I would like to know what people think about the upgrade I did to the K1200GT I bought for my wife for mothers day 2017.

When I purchased this beautiful BMW K1200GT with 30,000 miles on it from a private party, one of the things I wanted for her was a lockable 49L trunk for her to store her helmet and purse etc.

I really liked the body style of the 2003 1200gt but also needed a bike light and low enough for my wife. Unfortunately in 2003 BMW did not offer the upper trunk box. I don't believe BMW started the 49L box until late 2005 which has a totally different body. So I set out to modify and install a box. I bought a used box from eBay and also the mount for the rear of the bike because the original bar does not support a removable box. I then completely disassembled the box and quickly sent the upper box to the paint shop to get it color matched to the orient blue metallic. While paint shop was doing their thing I started modifying the rear bracket to accept the new rear removable bracket. I mocked up a custom bracket and had the aluminum tabs welded onto the factory bracket. I then added two 12.5" lighted brake light strips complete with quick disconnect wiring.

The factory BMW 49l trunk I installed has all the original options. Lockable, and removable.

Curious what others think?

WWW.KBIKEREPAIR.COM
Attached Images

Last edited by Ron Williams; Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:39 pm.

Tags
49l trunk on k1200gt, k1200gt, k1200gt rear truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in