GT vs FJR.. My Two Bits - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:29 pm Thread Starter

GT vs FJR.. My Two Bits

I finally got a chance to take a test drive on a GT. This is the first unsold one that has made it out onto the showroom floor in the last 5 months. Luckily he also had a 2006 FJR1300 with low Km. that was taken in on trade, so I had a chance to ride both back to back over exactly the same route within 15 minutes of each other. The GT feels faster, more composed at speed, and definitely handles bumpy and irregular pavement better than the FJR. The build and finish on the GT is much better than the FJR. The brakes on both are amazingly strong. To add heated seats, heated grips, an aftermarket cruise control, and Ohlins electronically adjustable shocks (if they were available and they still aren't) to the FJR would cost an additional $3000, so the price difference is still significant but much less so when you are comparing apples to apples. For me, since I am willing to swallow hard and pay for the higher maintenance costs of owning a German bike, the GT would be the hands down winner.

What I still have a problem with is the ergonomics. On the LT it took a peg relo kit, an extra inch added to my Bill Mayer seat, J-Pegs and a higher windshield before long rides weren't an endurance contest. After 20 minutes on the GT I knew that I would have to go to the aftermarket to solve its ergometric shortcomings for me, but even then I am not sure that I could make it fit.

At that point, one of the sales staff said that he was thinking of selling his 2006 GSA which only has a few thousand Km on it. He wants about $4000 less than the retail on a new one. I took it for a ride and was very impressed with the ergo's, ride, handling, braking, acceleration etc. In fact the handling didn't seem to be that far off the GT. Now I know that the GSA is no sport tourer, but for a 7/10 rider like myself it has a far bigger performance envelope than I will ever make us of, plus I actually felt I could ride this thing with a few adjustments all day long. The negatives are that it is an ugly brute and after being spoiled by four cylinder bikes for years I am having a tough time coming to grips with the buzziness of a twin. That being said, the versatility of the GSA is amazing. It opens up a whole new horizon for someone who has spent most of their riding career on sealed surfaces.

The outcome is that I ended up putting an offer on the GSA. If I get it, I will keep my LT until the new model arrives in 2008 or 2009 and for the time being go with two bikes. Maybe I am nuts, but at the end of the day, image will only take you so far, you have to ride something that works for you. I would love to have a GT, but I think for me the GSA is the better choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:46 pm

An honest evaluation...I like it. In a couple of years, I'll be buying a GS as well. A GT and a GS in the stable . . . I'll call my garage "The G-SPOT"!!!
post #3 of 76 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 11:07 pm Thread Starter

Two BMW's in the same garage. Can one place get more stimulating. I think not.

post #4 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 7:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
What I still have a problem with is the ergonomics. On the LT it took a peg relo kit, an extra inch added to my Bill Mayer seat, J-Pegs and a higher windshield before long rides weren't an endurance contest. After 20 minutes on the GT I knew that I would have to go to the aftermarket to solve its ergometric shortcomings for me, but even then I am not sure that I could make it fit.

At that point, one of the sales staff said that he was thinking of selling his 2006 GSA which only has a few thousand Km on it. He wants about $4000 less than the retail on a new one. I took it for a ride and was very impressed with the ergo's, ride, handling, braking, acceleration etc. In fact the handling didn't seem to be that far off the GT. Now I know that the GSA is no sport tourer, but for a 7/10 rider like myself it has a far bigger performance envelope than I will ever make us of, plus I actually felt I could ride this thing with a few adjustments all day long. The negatives are that it is an ugly brute and after being spoiled by four cylinder bikes for years I am having a tough time coming to grips with the buzziness of a twin. That being said, the versatility of the GSA is amazing. It opens up a whole new horizon for someone who has spent most of their riding career on sealed surfaces.

The outcome is that I ended up putting an offer on the GSA. If I get it, I will keep my LT until the new model arrives in 2008 or 2009 and for the time being go with two bikes. Maybe I am nuts, but at the end of the day, image will only take you so far, you have to ride something that works for you. I would love to have a GT, but I think for me the GSA is the better choice.

HEHEHEHEHEHe I am about to do the same either the GS or GS-a

I just did my own comparo of the two GS / GT

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13779

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #5 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 7:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
Two BMW's in the same garage. Can one place get more stimulating. I think not.
yes, right now there are four here

'06 R1200GS
'02 R1150RT
'02 K1200LT
'89 k100rs

<grin>

Tom

post #6 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 8:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
yes, right now there are four here

'06 R1200GS
'02 R1150RT
'02 K1200LT
'89 k100rs

<grin>
He said humbly...
post #7 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 9:59 am
Lifetime Supporter

I'll allow the $3K comment on the heated seats and stuff but I have to call BS on the quality knock against the FJR. Fit and finish are first rate and compare very favorably with my past BMW experience (LT). I stand by my challenge with Joe - let's see who calls the tow truck first...

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #8 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 10:03 am

While we're comparing apples to apples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhd
I stand by my challenge with Joe - let's see who calls the tow truck first...
As do I...but...but...but...
Are you ever going to ride the thing?! If I have a breakdown at 48K and your bike still has less than 10K, it hardly seems fair. What do you have on the FJR now? I turned 8K last week.
post #9 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:11 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
As do I...but...but...but...
Are you ever going to ride the thing?! If I have a breakdown at 48K and your bike still has less than 10K, it hardly seems fair. What do you have on the FJR now? I turned 8K last week.
OK, you got me! We'll pro-rate the deal somehow. But I am going to catch up, it's just going to take me some time.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #10 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 1:01 pm

I have to agree with Ronk that the finish and overall quality of the LT is far superior to that of the FJR. Especially the FJR's really soft paint, the ugly exhaust welds and those stupid little bits of lower fairing that did nothing but flap in the wind and cut you when you cleaned it. The FJR did not stand up to the salt anywhere near as good as the BM. Just my tuppenceworth, but I have owned both and was disappointed from day 1 with the FJR, not the performance, but the finish and the fact the factory Gel battery failed more than once..(cured by fitting a lead acid under warranty) swayed me against another Yamaha. Still enjoying the LT tho, been to 10 countries on both.
post #11 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 2:15 pm

My riding buddy has 72,000k on his ST, and no problems. The Japanese bikes are the higher quality machines, but the Beemers are cooler and more satisfying. That being said, people who can afford it purchase on ego.

There's no way on earth anyone will convince me that any BMW (car or bike) will be as reliable as the Japanese counterpart.

5 series vs Lexus or FJR vs K bike, same result.
post #12 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Quote:
He said humbly...
No he said stimulating!

hehehehehehehe

can you say 5 bmw's one panhead and not smile?

truthfully though, the RT will more than likely get traded in so it would be back to 4 and a Pan

Tom

post #13 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK100rs
My riding buddy has 72,000k on his ST, and no problems. The Japanese bikes are the higher quality machines, but the Beemers are cooler and more satisfying. That being said, people who can afford it purchase on ego.

There's no way on earth anyone will convince me that any BMW (car or bike) will be as reliable as the Japanese counterpart.

and I see just the opposite, take a any with the wame mileage over the 100k mark, I have helped build three st rear drives 4 rear wheels that chewed up the flange on st's not one bike had over 100k on it

my friends '03 wing has spent a bunch of time in the shop, and it;s under 30k miles

as far as cars go, don't think I ever had a lower mileage bmw in for repairs but the honda toyota and nissan sure kept coming in alternators oil leaks AC problems ignition problems were worse on the nissans

it is all mechanical it will break eventually
but for over 100k I'll pick bmw to last

Tom

post #14 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Quote:
No he said stimulating!

hehehehehehehe

can you say 5 bmw's one panhead and not smile?

truthfully though, the RT will more than likely get traded in so it would be back to 4 and a Pan
Scroll up and actually read through the entire thread again. You bragging on your bikes, so I replied "He said humbly...". As in YOU being humble. That's a hoot!

Never mind leaving out the fact that the only BMW that's yours in the garage is an old tired raggedy mOave LT! And the Panhead only appears in pics and stories. 'Bout time you actually get the thing runnin, doncha think?!

Or maybe I'll buy it from you so it can actually be ridden?!
post #15 of 76 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 5:05 pm

Quote:
Scroll up and actually read through the entire thread again. You bragging on your bikes, so I replied "He said humbly...". As in YOU being humble. That's a hoot!

Never mind leaving out the fact that the only BMW that's yours in the garage is an old tired raggedy mOave LT! And the Panhead only appears in pics and stories. 'Bout time you actually get the thing runnin, doncha think?!

Or maybe I'll buy it from you so it can actually be ridden?!

Yea you buy it from me! HAHAHA, maybe from the SO after Friday if they don't put the plug in the oil lines <g>

Tom

post #16 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:03 am

Quote:
and I see just the opposite, take a any with the wame mileage over the 100k mark, I have helped build three st rear drives 4 rear wheels that chewed up the flange on st's not one bike had over 100k on it

my friends '03 wing has spent a bunch of time in the shop, and it;s under 30k miles

as far as cars go, don't think I ever had a lower mileage bmw in for repairs but the honda toyota and nissan sure kept coming in alternators oil leaks AC problems ignition problems were worse on the nissans

it is all mechanical it will break eventually
but for over 100k I'll pick bmw to last
This is contrary to all indicators and resources available regarding quality and reliability of Japanese and German products. The German productivity and quality standards aren't as high as the Japanese, and my experience illustrates it as well.

There is not one example I can site where one of my riding friends has had a German or American bike that performs at a higher standard than the Japanese products. The worst example is the continuing electrical problems a friend has with his K bike. His frustration and embarrassment are legendary. Once we were all getting ready to disembark off a 2hr ferry transit, we all fired up our bikes except for him. His pride was hurt, and the ribbing was relentless. His $20,000+ ride was dead. We rode off the ferry, and parked our bikes just to watch him, and his wife push is lovely BMW off the boat. Oddly, this wasn't the first time he had this problem, among others.

BMW's are nice bikes, I love them, they just aren't as good as the Japanese. Overpriced with less quality, doesn't make any economic sense.
post #17 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:11 am

I've owned 7 Hondas, 1 Kawasaki, and 2 BMWs. There wasn't one of them that I didn't have to work on. Well, my GT's too new. I haven't really worked on it yet. To be honest, I'll probably ride BMWs for the rest of my life. Time will tell...
post #18 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:02 am

Quote:

I have both a 525 and 740, and can say that there are many things about them as good or better than the Lexus, but overall Lexus holds the cards for long term reliability.

I have had to do some work on both BMW cars, just this past weekend put a water pump and valve cover gaskets on the 740. (96,000 miles)

However, I test drove a couple of Lexus cars when we were looking for a car for my wife, the 740 was more comfortable and peppier. The Lexus seats felt more like a sofa (too flat), and the power, although pretty good, was more sluggish in response. The 740 has really good punch, the Lexus was more "electric motor" like. Some like it that way (Grandma?), I preferred the 740.

Much like my choice between the Goldwing and LT when I was searching for my bike, the Lexus was too much like the Goldwing.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #19 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:28 am

I agree 100%.

Japanese stuff doesn't have any personality or soul. I'm not disputing their cookie cutter cloning methodology of producing goods.

Their R&D, Management and manufacturing culture have allowed them to produce motorcycles and cars that are head and shoulders higher than the rest of the world.

Once you ride or drive German, for me anyway, it's impossible to go with anything else. The senses take over and then you have to restle with common sense and practicality.
post #20 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 4:24 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Once you ride or drive German, for me anyway, it's impossible to go with anything else.
I damn near had that tattooed on my chest when I owned my LT and look at me know

FWIW, my FJR has a ton of soul.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

post #21 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Question

Quote:
I damn near had that tattooed on my chest when I owned my LT and look at me know

How many miles you got on that thing now?
post #22 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 9:16 pm

Quote:

That term, "soul", is about as undefineable as anything can get. Yes, we know what it means, to each of us, but to tell anyone that THEIR bike has no soul is about as meaningless a statement as one can find. "Soul" is the connection we have with bikes that we really like, so just about anything else will have little to none.

I felt that way about the Goldwing when I tested one, yes, it was a very capable bike, plenty of power, but the ergonomics just were not for me, and I never got where I could like the looks. I loved the looks of the LT, and the ergonomics were, for me, PERFECT! The performance was great for me to, so I have often said the Goldwing had no soul, meaningless as that term is.

I never rode an FJR, but the looks of it when it came out were just a little "over the top" for me, thought they were a little too "hawkish". Probably a GREAT bike, but I likely would not buy one. Has absolutely nothing to do with power or performance, mostly just aesthetics for my taste. Loved riding the GT when I tested it, but I still am not crazy about the side views of it. Like Joe said though, that makes little difference when you are riding it! Unless you are worried that someone will see you on it and think you like the looks.

I still have a big soft spot in my heart for the LT, it served me so well on so many long trips. Not as much raw "fun" as the GT, but one would serve me well again. I would probably have trouble staying away from being in front of flashing red/blue lights on the GT anyway.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #23 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:45 pm

"my friends '03 wing has spent a bunch of time in the shop, and it;s under 30k miles "

My wife has a 03 GW trike she purchased new in spring of 04, it has 48000 miles on it now and I just put a low beam headlight bulb tonight. Thats it. nothing else but maintance.
I purchased about same time a new 1200gs now at 41000 miles. On second transmission, clutch slave cylinder, 2 clutch master cylinders, fuel pump controller, gas tank, 5 headlight bulbs, and 4 turn signel lens. 5 weeks down time(glad I had a second bike to ride) I have spent way to much time riding on the back of her wing when the GS broke down.

I don't care for Honda that much but you will NEVER make me believe that BMW makes a better bike than Honda.
This has been MY experence not a friends or my buddys uncles,etc.

I also do all my own maintence and I will say that the Honda is MUCH HARDER to work on. Nothing lines up when you try to put it back on, way to much stupid stuff. Front brake pads take a hour if you do it right, BMW 10 minutes.

I like the features of BMW(ABS,Telelever,etc.) The GS fits my riding style better than anything else right now. Just not sure I will buy another BMW after the responce from BMW and my local dealer with the problems I had with GS.

I agree with your statement
"it is all mechanical it will break eventually"

Paul Francis
Taswell Indiana

2005 R1200GS
2008 Can Am Spyder
post #24 of 76 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:51 pm

You say that your FJR has soul, buy definition it can't. It's an object, since one aspect of the word sould is the spirit of the being a Japanese cookie cutter can't have it.

But, a BMW has not only soul, but character. It's like owning a Mac and not a Windows box or being Canadian. It's just better.
post #25 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:16 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Like Joe said though, that makes little difference when you are riding it!
Hey, that's my quote.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit an aux fuel tank on a GT. I think I have it, but need to actually have a bike to play with before I can be sure.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #26 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I'm still trying to figure out how to fit an aux fuel tank on a GT. I think I have it, but need to actually have a bike to play with before I can be sure.
An aux fuel cell for a commuter bike? It's not like you actually ride long distances!!!
post #27 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 9:45 am

My 87 K100RS had to have it's entire body work replaced within the warranty period, the paint fell off. A bug would hit the fairing and the paint would come off it was terrible. The fork seals had to be replaced, instrument pod replaced 3 times (speedo wouldn't work), so many electrical problems I don't have time to list them. Within a one year period this bike was in the shop 15 times.

Finally, I got pissed off and traded for a K100RS Special Edition with ABS. It was a very good bike by comparisoin. If I took all my service, dealer service, and related problems with the BMW's it would be astounding to see how much time and money I wasted.

I have never had a non-routine service issue with any of my Japanese bikes. Change oil, tires, replace wear items and that's it.
post #28 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 10:03 am

The 'Tech Q&A' section of rider magazine is filled with issues every week from Jap bikes to Italian bikes to British bikes to American bikes to Beemers. It just doesn't matter...they all break. But dag Greg! A K100RS?! Buy something from this millennium already why don't you?
post #29 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:17 pm

That bike is long gone, it was too problematic. It was used as an example of the poor quality and reliability of BMW products.

But thanks for the tip!
post #30 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Please excuse my ignorance. Do you ride an LT? Or what exactly?
post #31 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:30 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
C'mon, Joe, lighten up on him. Anybody with an avatar like that can't be all bad.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #32 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
C'mon, Joe, lighten up on him.
I didn't think I was being hard on him. Just asked Mr. Greg what he rides...and then an eerie silence fell upon the land.
post #33 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:48 pm

I race Honda's, thinking of getting a new GT. But I'm not sure if I was to go ahead and spend the money on a BMW, when I can get a better bike for less money.
post #34 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:54 pm
Ted

don't spend too much time deciding - you might miss out on some of those $350/hr billing opportunities.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #35 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:57 pm

If I had the time I could go ride them all, but I don't have the leasure time you do Ted.
post #36 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Here’s a list recent potential Motorcycle Lemons and Atv Lemons that we have uncovered from little-known federal government investigations and recall agency records:

Big Dog Boxer
Big Dog Bulldog
Big Dog Chopper
Big Dog Daytec Chopper
Big Dog Mastiff
Big Dog Pitbull
Big Dog Ridgeback
BMW K1200LT
BMW R 1100 S
BMW R 1150 GS
BMW R 1150 R
BMW R 1150 RS
BMW R 1150 RT
BMW F650 CS
post #37 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 1:06 pm
Ted

troll. (fyi - admins - software will not let me post a one word reply.)

Ted

Camarillo, CA
IBA# 16554

post #38 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Quote:
I race Honda's, thinking of getting a new GT. But I'm not sure if I was to go ahead and spend the money on a BMW, when I can get a better bike for less money.
I'd definitely go the "better bike for less money" route. Doing otherwise would just seem so stupid...and you're not stupid, are ya?
post #39 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Just got back had to get some work done so we can send out those invoices.

I wouldn't think anyone with an American eduction can be so presumptuous to ask that question. Do you?
post #40 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 2:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
troll. (fyi - admins - software will not let me post a one word reply.)
You just realized that?
post #41 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 4:55 pm
Ted

no - I knew it here:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...4205#post94205

the same time it became apparent that your're an ass.

buh-bye.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
IBA# 16554

post #42 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Quote:
Just got back had to get some work done so we can send out those invoices.

I wouldn't think anyone with an American eduction can be so presumptuous to ask that question. Do you?
eduction??

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #43 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Talking Well, well, well........

Quote:
Well, well, well....what do we have here? A non BMdoubleU rider from Canada that apparently doesn't even like our dear President. Let's see now. The Canadian doesn't own a Beemer but loves to post on this board. My how this should humble all of us! Wisdom from afar! Why, even Messenger13 can't get anything up on this Canadian! Poor, poor Joe. He must be wringing his hands at his keyboard. What a tearable mess this is!

Dear, dear Greg. Why torture yourself for hours reading posts on this board? After all, you can surely get a "better bike for less money" any old day of the week. We ignorant Americans will just keep dumping our American Greenbacks on those silly German made two-wheelers! When will we ever learn? Please, please shower some additional bits of wisdom toward us. Whatever bike should we trade our BMdoubleUs for? Your redemption surely must fall on us! Which Canadian bike should we buy?

Oh, but Canada doesn't manufacture a motorcycle. How silly of me! Here I have been tempted to follow the Canadian and yet he has nowhere to lead us! Imagine that! I must conclude with complete sorrow. Until now, my ignorance was pure bliss! Now riding my Beemer will never be the same. HOW CAN I GO ON?
post #44 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 8:03 pm

Aw...Greg's alright. He's just messin' with us. No big deal.
post #45 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 11:24 pm

Talking tounge-n-cheek

Quote:
Aw...Greg's alright. He's just messin' with us. No big deal.
Joe I know, I know. Just being tongue-n-cheek. After all, look at what all Canadians have offered the world. Let's see........there's Captain Kirk.........and ...........well..............what's that girl that sang the Titanic song????
post #46 of 76 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardenross
Joe I know, I know. Just being tongue-n-cheek. After all, look at what all Canadians have offered the world. Let's see........there's Captain Kirk.........and ...........well..............what's that girl that sang the Titanic song????
I'd like to watch Celine and Shania mud wrestle!!! I hate both of their singing...but I'd pay to watch them wrestle!
post #47 of 76 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 12:06 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardenross
...what's that girl that sang the Titanic song????
The one with the Giant Head?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #48 of 76 Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 6:27 pm

Having owned Japanese products (Honda) I concur. They are wonderfully engineered machines. The "fit" is not the problem-------it's the "finish". The finish is at a lesser level for purposes of lower price point.

Let's face it, from my observations the FJR is a fine machine but comes in second to the GT with "finish", technology and luxury items.

Those things don't add up to the difference in price, however.

For me, what makes a decision to go with the GT is the "intangible">>>>>and that's the emotion and the GT's got it!
post #49 of 76 Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 6:55 pm

and the only thing you have to worry about is this

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167287

Tom

post #50 of 76 Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

I think the bike in the picture is a GS not a GT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in