Does this exist? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 12:18 pm Thread Starter

Does this exist?

The large topcase for the GT is to the best of my knowledge the same topcase as the R1200RT. I would like to add a rack to the topcase.

I have scoured the Internet, visited some dealer sites, and to the best of my knowledge cannot find anything like this:

A LUGGAGE RACK, SIMILAR TO THE ONE THAT IS ON THE K1200LT would indeed be a nice additon. Does anyone know if one is being made for the R1200RT?

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 12:30 pm

I haven't heard of, nor seen any such animal. But stay tuned for a very functional, nice-looking, (and CHEAP) seatbag/duffel that messenger13 is making for his GT.
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 12:40 pm Thread Starter

Looking forward to it Joe. I never ride 2-up so my tourmaster bag fits nicely on the pillion. But boy, a rack similar to the LT's would be nice. I almost took the rack off of the LT, blah, blah, to try it, but the 'hump' on the GT/RT topcase could kill the fit unless some ugly spacers were used.

Keey your eyes open Joe.

Thanks

PS: I sent an e-mail to Jerry Finley at Pirate's Lair, but don't think its made. Wonder why since I am sure the R12RT folks would buy it.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Looking forward to it Joe. I never ride 2-up so my tourmaster bag fits nicely on the pillion. But boy, a rack similar to the LT's would be nice. I almost took the rack off of the LT, blah, blah, to try it, but the 'hump' on the GT/RT topcase could kill the fit unless some ugly spacers were used.

Keey your eyes open Joe.

Thanks

PS: I sent an e-mail to Jerry Finley at Pirate's Lair, but don't think its made. Wonder why since I am sure the R12RT folks would buy it.
Bring it down, & for the price of a test ride we can see how the Ztechnic rack would fit. Probably take a little bending/tweaking, or you could pitch the idea to them & be the first on your block to get one.

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 13th, 2006, 4:30 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinks
Bring it down, & for the price of a test ride we can see how the Ztechnic rack would fit. Probably take a little bending/tweaking, or you could pitch the idea to them & be the first on your block to get one.
I'll be down soon . . . and you're in the directory of my cell. I sent a note to Paul Saengh (spelling?), lookls like his could fit. But unless it's parallel to ground, etc. could end up looking like hell.

For some reason we were talking about contractors this morning and I mentioned that you weren't pleased with yours in O'Beach. Maybe all the good ones are working for FEMA and/or moved to N'awlins!

Too bad you're not going to CCR . . . am going. Should be interesting!!!
Regards,
John

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 14th, 2006, 7:49 am

Quote:
I'll be down soon . . . and you're in the directory of my cell. I sent a note to Paul Saengh (spelling?), lookls like his could fit. But unless it's parallel to ground, etc. could end up looking like hell.

For some reason we were talking about contractors this morning and I mentioned that you weren't pleased with yours in O'Beach. Maybe all the good ones are working for FEMA and/or moved to N'awlins!

Too bad you're not going to CCR . . . am going. Should be interesting!!!
Regards,
John
I don't actually expect it to fit correctly, just a ploy to get you down for a chat & beg a test ride on that GT. I do expect someone like ZTechnics to come out with one soon, but that's the price you pay for being the first on your block.

Yeah, I'd like to go to CCR, but the house has ruined my riding for two years in a row. Linda & I are going to get away for a quick three day ride this weekend. First one in a long time.

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"
post #7 of 7 Old Aug 26th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Quote:
The large topcase for the GT is to the best of my knowledge the same topcase as the R1200RT. I would like to add a rack to the topcase.
The rack for a Giv E52 Maxia would fit the R12RT/K12GT box - and its nice and cheap too.

Niall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in