Sold my soul today - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 7:22 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Sold my soul today

I did my second extended test ride on the GT today, this time with the peg lowering kit fitted (great dealer). The difference was enormous - not a single twinge in the ol' knees. When I sat down to agree a trade-in for the LT, I got a great deal. The amazing thing is that the dealer already had a GT on order, which was unallocated, and which was the exact model I had selected - Crystal Grey SE, with tall screen. Karma or what? It arrives at the end of the month - just three and a half weeks between order and delivery. Good job I'm not impatient....!!

I have to agree with the comments about the performance of the GT. While it's not as comfortable as the LT (what is?), the stability, composure, slow speed handling, cornering and balance are just incredible by comparison. I do need the Heli bar spacer, and a new seat is certainly on the list, but even without them the GT captured my soul - damn you BMW, I've been seduced by the dark side. So, having traded my soul, I'm now going to enjoy the benefits - Roll on September.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Chris, welcome to the Dark Side. We have been waiting for you.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue Honu
post #3 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Thumbs up

Yet another "chosen one" . . . Moouhehehahaheha
Congrats!!!

Every time I ride the GT, I feel like this guy:

post #4 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:22 pm

You won't regret it Chris. I did over 400 today to drop off some stuff for a friend, and the only reason I stopped on the way back was the flashing yellow info light and the gas icon made me stop at the last safe gas station on the way home.

The important point is, it was hot, and this wasn't slab, all back roads for 216 miles and I didn't stop because of me knees, butt or anything, not even water because I was having too much fun.

15 R1200RT - Ebony Metallic
09 F800GS
post #5 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:40 pm

What is really killing me is that you fell into a earlier production date.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 7:13 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
What is really killing me is that you fell into a earlier production date.
The reason is that you just ordered a new bike - you didn't sell your soul to get it. The dark side has hidden powers.
post #7 of 15 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 7:37 am

Every time I ride the GT, I feel like this guy: [/QUOTE]

Joe, you are like this EVERYTIME you get on a bike!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #8 of 15 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 5:34 pm

A different dark side??

See, all these comments, the journalists, and every time I see the GT ... I must sell my Ultra. That damn GT has me mesmerized...
post #9 of 15 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturgisNative
That damn GT has me mesmerized...
Yes...that She Beast seems to have that effect on a lot of us!
post #10 of 15 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 4:06 pm
fas

Cool Welcom to GT-ville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
..... agree with the comments about the performance of the GT. While it's not as comfortable as the LT (what is?), the stability, composure, slow speed handling, cornering and balance are just incredible by comparison. I do need the Heli bar spacer, and a new seat is certainly on the list, but even without them the GT captured my soul - damn you BMW, I've been seduced by the dark side. So, having traded my soul, I'm now going to enjoy the benefits - Roll on September.
Chris,

Welcome GT-ville. Now over 2,500 miles on my new GT, SO and I love it. Superb riding, the suspension settings at the touch of a finger, POWER to avoid the cell phone cagers.......I added the Alaska Leather black butt pad and I'm good to go. After four years on the LT, I believe the GT has raised the bench mark for 2-up FAST touring. I added the large top case. Sweet to be able to carry the cases in the hotel. It is such fun to fly past the HOG cruisers blatting along........

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #11 of 15 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas
Chris,

Welcome GT-ville. Now over 2,500 miles on my new GT, SO and I love it. Superb riding, the suspension settings at the touch of a finger, POWER to avoid the cell phone cagers.......I added the Alaska Leather black butt pad and I'm good to go. After four years on the LT, I believe the GT has raised the bench mark for 2-up FAST touring. I added the large top case. Sweet to be able to carry the cases in the hotel. It is such fun to fly past the HOG cruisers blatting along........
The beast has now arrived and is well on the way to the first service mileage. One of the reasons for switching to the GT was that I could never persuade the SO to come out on the LT, and the GT is much better as a solo bike. But more so, the GT speaks to my soul in a way the LT never did. I'm loving it too.
post #12 of 15 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
One of the reasons for switching to the GT was that I could never persuade the SO to come out on the LT, and the GT is much better as a solo bike. But more so, the GT speaks to my soul in a way the LT never did. I'm loving it too.
These could be my words exactly....

Erwin

R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V

R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92
post #13 of 15 Old Oct 21st, 2006, 9:43 am

Same Here

I ordered a 2007 K1200GT and a few days later I got a call from the dealer that an allocated model excatly I as ordered was there. I am going to pick it up today! I have never ridden a GT but from all I have read it certainly appears to be a great bike. I will be selling my R1100RT and i am sure I will be happy!
post #14 of 15 Old Oct 21st, 2006, 11:10 am
fas

Cool Welcome to the GT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbearsch
I ordered a 2007 K1200GT and a few days later I got a call from the dealer that an allocated model excatly I as ordered was there. I am going to pick it up today! I have never ridden a GT but from all I have read it certainly appears to be a great bike. I will be selling my R1100RT and i am sure I will be happy!

You will not regret your decision. SO and I love the GT. Best ride we ever had.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #15 of 15 Old Oct 21st, 2006, 11:40 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbearsch
My experience was similar, in that the dealer already had exactly the bike I wanted on order - it's karma, and you were obviously meant to have this bike. By the time you get it home you'll love it. The phrase I used that just summed it up for me was: "It's got a huge fun tank installed that delivers 200 smiles to the gallon". So far that's a conservative estimate....!!

Enjoy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in