Woe me - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 6:33 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Red face Woe me

My LT was called in to the importer (BMW NL) for a persistant little problem that the dealer couldn't fix with the audio. Will take them more than a week, probably even two weeks. So, I'll be LT-less during that period.

But ....

... they've given me a 2006 K1200GT full options (with ESA and HID) to use in the meantime!

I have the unique opportunity to make a nice looooonnnngggg test drive.

Erwin

R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V

R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ®win
My LT was called in to the importer (BMW NL) for a persistant little problem that the dealer couldn't fix with the audio. Will take them more than a week, probably even two weeks. So, I'll be LT-less during that period.

But ....

... they've given me a 2006 K1200GT full options (with ESA and HID) to use in the meantime!

Hey, Erwin - did you make 'em twist both of your arms?!?!?!

Enjoy the GT - fight the urge when you're done with it!!!!!
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 8:21 pm

Guess we need to move to Netherlands..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 8:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Enjoy the GT - fight the urge when you're done with it!!!!!
Good luck with that. Resistance is futile!
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 8:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Good luck with that. Resistance is futile!
I hear ya, Joe. As long as Lone Star has one on the showroom floor, I ain't gonna darken their door!!
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 9:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
I hear ya, Joe. As long as Lone Star has one on the showroom floor, I ain't gonna darken their door!!
To be honest with you Dick, I don't think just a look, or a short test-ride would pull most people away from their LT. The GT needs to be experienced for more than 50, or maybe even 100 miles before the mystery is revealed. In fact, I was asking myself the question, "Did I do the right thing?" up until about 2K miles, or so. Don't get me wrong, I liked it right away. But did I like it more than my LT? For my riding style, the answer became clearer and clearer. But the GT is definitely not for everyone. And I'd imagine, the majority of LT riders will always be happier on a bike like the LT. And there ain't NOTHING wrong with that. I will always have very fond memories of my very first Bee Emm Dobble-Ewe!
post #7 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 9:16 pm

Why would a dealer do it !!!!

Quote:

But ....

Either you are a "great customer" with big bucks or the GT's aren't selling!!!

Why would a dealer take the $20K (US) potential sale off of the showroom floor + make it less likely to be sold when returned because of the miles?

Maybe he or she wants to buy when it returns as a demo ride ? Does BMW give deep discounts to dealers that turn inventory into demos or is it up to the dealer to eat these costs in depreciation?

I wish you best of luck with the week or two you are LT-less.

Cheers.
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Resistance is futile!
All your base are belong to us

F
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:38 pm
Bouncer

Quote:

But ....

Erwin,

You're totally screwed. You'll never go back to the dealer to retrieve your LT. Well, maybe that means the dealer is screwed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #10 of 11 Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 1:48 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Erwin,

You're totally screwed. You'll never go back to the dealer to retrieve your LT. Well, maybe that means the dealer is screwed.
Who knows. But I will retrieve the LT, even if it is only for te period the dealer needs to deliver a brand new GT

Erwin

R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V

R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 1:54 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickr
Either you are a "great customer" with big bucks or the GT's aren't selling!!!

Why would a dealer take the $20K (US) potential sale off of the showroom floor + make it less likely to be sold when returned because of the miles?

Maybe he or she wants to buy when it returns as a demo ride ? Does BMW give deep discounts to dealers that turn inventory into demos or is it up to the dealer to eat these costs in depreciation?

I wish you best of luck with the week or two you are LT-less.

Cheers.
It is not the dealer that gave me the GT for temporary replacement, but BMW Netherlands (the importer). My dealer did play their role in convincing BMW NL to get the GT for me. It won't cost my dealer anything.

Erwin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in