Ergonomics Finally Dialed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 12:36 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Ergonomics Finally Dialed

I think that I have finally got the ergonomics dialed in right for me. The Heli bar spacer was the final touch. So along with the dropped pegs, Cee Baileys +4/+3, and the Don Weber rebuilt seat, I am ready for an Iron Butt ride!
The bar riser/dropped pegs/windshield/rebuilt seat program is the same that I needed to do to my LT and RT to get them comfortable for me.

Jeff
"MitchRider"

06 Crystal Grey GT
02 Champagne LT
04 Black RT
04 Blue RT (Judy's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Jeff,

Which peg droppers did you use, the Verholen ones? Nice to hear that the combination of the dropped pegs and Hemi bar spacer have done the trick as I am considering exactly the same combination. Any issues with fitting those two items, or did they all fit straight out of the tin? Did you try the BMW tall screen or go straight for the Cee Bailey?
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 1:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
Jeff,

Which peg droppers did you use, the Verholen ones? Nice to hear that the combination of the dropped pegs and Hemi bar spacer have done the trick as I am considering exactly the same combination. Any issues with fitting those two items, or did they all fit straight out of the tin? Did you try the BMW tall screen or go straight for the Cee Bailey?
Chris,
I used the dropped pegs from Suburban Machinery as I have been very pleased with their products for my LT and RT. Both these and the Heli bar spacer fit straight away. Took about a half an hour each.
My GT came with the Tall BMW screen. Too much wind noise for my liking, so that is why I went to the Cee Baileys. For sight line purposes, I should have gone to the +3 height. I am 6"1" with 32" inseam.
Jeff
" MitchRider"

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 1:53 pm

VMT for that. I'm slightly shorter (5' 10") and found that the BMW tall screen for the LT was OK, so I'm hopeful the tall GT one might be as well. I know the standard screen is no good from the test ride. As for the pegs, although I only have a 31" inseam I suffer from knee problems after 25 years of playing Squash. I need something a little closer to the LT riding position to be really comfortable, and from the test ride, it doesn't need much on the pegs and the bars to achieve that. Yours definitely sounds like a winning combination.

The only remaining issue is that replacement seats are a bit more difficult to obtain over here in UK for such a new bike. Even based on an extended test ride I think I shall need a more comfortable one long term, although the stock one is not so bad for a couple of hours.
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
VMT for that. I'm slightly shorter (5' 10") and found that the BMW tall screen for the LT was OK, so I'm hopeful the tall GT one might be as well. I know the standard screen is no good from the test ride.
Good luck with that. The tall shield on the GT is the poorest shield I've ever used on a bike. The air was so dirty that it's almost indescribable. What a difference the CB shield made. AWESOME!
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 30th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Good luck with that. The tall shield on the GT is the poorest shield I've ever used on a bike. The air was so dirty that it's almost indescribable. What a difference the CB shield made. AWESOME!
Cheers Joe, nothing like clocking up the dollars before I've even bought it....!!

However, given the problem we have with getting alternative screens over here for new models, I'm going to have to put up with the screen that is ordered with the bike anyway, until the dealers here get their act together, and I'll see if I can live with it. If not - I just might be following Mitch-Rider in getting the full set....... drop pegs, bar spacer, new seat and new screen - Ah, the joys of owning a BMW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in