Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Port Charlotte, FL, USA
Sierra Nevada Mountains
I just finished rolling the spedo over 500 miles on my GT by way of Hwy 88 in the Sierra Nevada Mountains between California and Nevada.
1. The ESA DOES make a difference - it's not a gimmick
2. My, this thing do go around corners. Didn't get close to rubbing the hero blobs on the pegs, but went fast enough for a thrill.
3. 48 mpg for 183 miles
4. Even at 8,000 ft elevation it had enough power to blow by the hay trucks.
5. My buddy was on an FJR - no thanks - good bike, though.
6. Last bike I owned was an '02 LT. Sure do like the lighter bike.
7. The seat? Pthhht, spit, snarl. Why can't the Krauts ...? It's off to Rick Mayer soon.
8. Finally ... I flat love this bike. I'm 61, overweight, sore of body and slow of reaction, but I saw 135 mph with little work.