The new GT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 4:46 pm Thread Starter

The new GT

Lotta pre-arrival talk about the new GT. When it finally hit the showroom floor I went in to check it out. "What'cha think?" asks the dealer. "I don't like it" says I, even though I really wanted to. I felt disappointed. Dealer says "I didn't either first time I saw it at the dealer unveiling, but I kept going back to it and now I love it.". For some reason I kept getting drawn back to it over the next couple of months. "It's not that bad", "I kinda like it", "Nice bike", "WOW!". Then the magazine articles start coming in; Rider, the MCN model evaluation, the MCN GT/FJR comparison. Joe's getting rid of his LT for a GT? Say it isn't so. Okay, enough is enough....time for a test ride. Big mistake (or is it?). A crystal gray metallic GT now sits where the magnesium black metallic LT used to perch. Joe....you were right.

Mike
'06 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Mike,

Congratulations on the new GT.

May it bring your many miles of smiles, safely!

I just spent the day putzing around the back roads. Saw a new GT that looks like yours and mine up by Miakka City. Wasn't you, was it?

Ruben

2012 K1600 GTL
2007 R1200GS Adventure
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Gt

You guys are absolutely killing me with you GT's and how much you love them. I love my 05 LT damnit! I love it I said. So why did I call the dealer the other day to see if they had a GT? But the reason I am not going to get one right now is because I don't want to pay that damn 6% tax on the damn thing. Still I have ridden the LT to Florida and Montana and it is for me the best bike I have ever ridden (so far)!!!
Congrats on your new toy!

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mser
A crystal gray metallic GT now sits where the magnesium black metallic LT used to perch. Joe....you were right.
Well of course I was. I haven't been wrong for quite some time. And it sure wasn't a bike-related issue.

Congrats fellow GT'er! (You have checked out K-Bikes.com, haven't you?)
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm Thread Starter

Nope Ruben, wasn't me. Rode the bike home from Gulf Coast Motorcycles (Ed Gallo's place) and had to come right home (Cape Coral).

I have to agree with you Marc. My LT (both the '03 and '06) was the best bike I'd ever ridden, until now.

Yeah Joe, I was on K-Bikes.com when I had my K12RS. Guess I'll be checking back in there.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in