The 'G' Spot . . . no not THAT one! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jul 13th, 2006, 9:58 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up The 'G' Spot . . . no not THAT one!

On my recent trip down south, I met up with Tom Gallo and company at Destination BMW in Knoxville, then we proceeded to a place called 'Two Pigs Bar BQ' for dinner where we met up with Vicki. I pulled my GT right up next to Vicki's GS and labeled that parking spot "The G Spot".

On Tuesday while riding the Cherohala Skyway, we met up with another GS rider. It just so seems so natural for these GTs and GS'es to park next to each other. I wonder if God is trying to tell me that I need a GS too?! (That's what I told my wife. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.)

You hafta admit it . . . they make a beautiful couple!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 5:16 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Wow, Vicki sure has huge, great . . . lights.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 12 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 5:20 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Wow, Vicki sure has huge, great . . . lights.
Her '05 GS has 130K on it . . . and she has other bikes. If you like her lights...you she see her butt. It's made of IRON, of course. She just rode Prudhoe Bay to Key West in UNDER 5 days. (On a 650 GS)

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 5:02 pm
rlv

Three question's Joe.
#1, who in the world is Tom Gallo?
#2, why did we not get a pic of Miss Vickie, and her iron clad butt?
#3, why is it that you have so much time to ride around here and there all of the time enjoying yourself while the rest of us have to work?
New GT and all, roaming around enjoying yourself, meeting iron butted women like Miss Vickie, man I'm getting more and more jealous every time I read one of your post.
Richard

Richard Vogt
2007 (Silver) R1200RT
2010 R1200GSA (Gertrude)
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 8:46 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlv
Three question's Joe.
I'll answer each and every one below...

#1, who in the world is Tom Gallo?
Our forum's very own 'tmgs'. Lives in Dahlonega, GA. Rides an LT. Not many faster than him on an LT. His wife is an iron butt that rides an RT.

#2, why did we not get a pic of Miss Vickie, and her iron clad butt?
Some things I just don't need to share.

#3, why is it that you have so much time to ride around here and there all of the time enjoying yourself while the rest of us have to work?
Somebody once told me to "work smarter, not harder" . . . and I listened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlv
New GT and all, roaming around enjoying yourself, meeting iron butted women like Miss Vickie, man I'm getting more and more jealous every time I read one of your post.

Richard
Yea...it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.
post #6 of 12 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 12:05 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Her '05 GS has 130K on it . . . and she has other bikes. If you like her lights...you she see her butt. It's made of IRON, of course. She just rode Prudhoe Bay to Key West in UNDER 5 days. (On a 650 GS)
Now I'm impressed. Even the IBA gives you a 30 day window to do Alaska to Florida. Heck, she's close to Gary Eagan's record of 4 days & 5 hours.

"What did you do last week?"

Nothing much, just went for a little ride."

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 12 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 5:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Heck, she's close to Gary Eagan's record of 4 days & 5 hours.
I'm still not sure of the status of Eagan's ride. Didn't he have a breakdown...and a support vehicle?! (From the rumor mill...)
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 2:25 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Just after starting out, Gary was run off the Alaskan Haul Road by a trucker who literally couldn't see him in all the dust. He taped the bike back together and continued, without the use of his fuel cell for the rest of the trip. That incident is mostly what kept him from completeing the ride in under 4 days.

I've never heard anything about a support vehicle from any of my sources, and Gary's never mentioned it to me. (OK, we only spoke once, at a Ducati dealership, but he didn't mention it then. ) He is sponsored by Ducati and Marsee, as well as a few others, which he is very up front about. But I doubt any of them followed him on this trip.

And I know that Guinness has stopped validating time-related records on public roads due to "safety concerns" so the Iron Butt Association is pretty much it. And if Gary had a full support vehicle, we'd know about it. Those guys are serious about their certifications.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #9 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 2:47 am Thread Starter

Don't be surprised when you hear about a Vicki So-n-so beating Gary's record and completing the ride in under 4 days. You heard it here first.
post #10 of 12 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 5:40 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I still want to do that run myself. Doubt if I'd shoot for 4 days, but a week should suffice. I know the LT can do the Haul Road, but that's still a lot of weight to contend with. Hm, how's that GT on dirt & gravel?

And good luck to Vicki. We'll be rooting for her.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #11 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 6:47 am

Hey Joe, thanks for calling me while in Chattanooga! Two Pigs is a pretty good place to eat. You did eat at Two Pigs in Chattanooga didn't ya'?

The parling area looks to be the same.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #12 of 12 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 9:08 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Hey Joe, thanks for calling me while in Chattanooga! Two Pigs is a pretty good place to eat. You did eat at Two Pigs in Chattanooga didn't ya'?

The parling area looks to be the same.
I didn't want to slow you down!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in