My first 800-mile day. 1-UP - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2006, 2:14 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up My first 800-mile day. 1-UP

Monday, I pulled out at 7:00am and headed to Bloomington, Indiana . . . just about 400 miles away. I installed an HID kit, ate an early supper, chatted a bit, then headed back home. I pulled back in at 11:00pm. The trip involved some cooler temps (upper 50s), a little drizzle, pouring rain, and sunshine with temps in the lower 90s. In other words, THE WHOLE GAMUT! I am so impressed with this GT that it's hard to put into words. I am just glad to report that 800-mile days are not a problem, no matter what the weather throws at you.

Unfortunately, my wife was unable to join me due to a myriad of reasons. So...my first 2-up long-ride report will have to wait for another day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2006, 2:28 pm

come on down to Los Angeles sometime.

I do my own stunts
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2006, 2:29 pm

come on down to Los Angeles sometime. I amglad you love the GT how hard was it to instal the HID lights?

I do my own stunts

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2006, 2:53 pm

I just rode back to Arizona from San Diego. I am still amazed that the ride is so comfortable. I would always get some back pain when I rode my LT. No back pain with the GT. Maybe I am just have a good spell with my back, but I thought I might have problems riding the GT.

I am still very happy with the GT. So much easier to handle than the LT.
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 4th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Monday, I pulled out at 7:00am and headed to Bloomington, Indiana . . . just about 400 miles away. I installed an HID kit, ate an early supper, chatted a bit, then headed back home. I pulled back in at 11:00pm. The trip involved some cooler temps (upper 50s), a little drizzle, pouring rain, and sunshine with temps in the lower 90s. In other words, THE WHOLE GAMUT! I am so impressed with this GT that it's hard to put into words. I am just glad to report that 800-mile days are not a problem, no matter what the weather throws at you.

Unfortunately, my wife was unable to join me due to a myriad of reasons. So...my first 2-up long-ride report will have to wait for another day.
joe.... i SURELY hope that a more detailed (and less pathetic ) write-up will be forthcoming

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in