GT review - got mine tuesday - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 24th, 2006, 2:42 am Thread Starter

GT review - got mine tuesday

252 miles to date.

Jittery throttle:
people have been writing about this and I agree. but i also think jittery is too strong of a word. I'd call it sensitive, but i think it's manageable and more a matter of learning a new bike. score: par

Power:
Having cut my teeth on a speed triple, I can say that this bike has plenty. But it's smooth, not scary like a point and shoot. (speed triple = not scary) Broad bands of linear power and very, very fast. score: birdie

Handling:
Riding on rails. It's the best handling bike i've been on. And with power behind it, it's what comes to mind when someone asks why I like riding motorcycles. score: birdie

Comfort:
luxury bikers sound like they wish it had a little more, but i find it very comfortable - more so than my fat boy because of riding position. And if you're someone on a sport-bike who's tired of short rides due to forward posture and a hard seat, you'll think you're on a goldwing -especially with the ESA on "comfort" setting. score: birdie

Electric Windshield:
Adjustable on the fly. I like it. Works well, but when all the way up at high speed, (80 mph) it made my face shield slam closed from an up postition.(this happened 3 times) I'm not one for riding behind a window, so mine will be low to mid height anyway. score: par

Transmission:
Jury still out. Right now just plain klunky. Not what i thought I would find on a BMW. score: bogey

(2007 will add tire pressure to the computer display. worth the wait?)
ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 24th, 2006, 9:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by szgt

Transmission:
Jury still out. Right now just plain klunky. Not what i thought I would find on a BMW. score: bogey
The transmissions does klunk. It doesn't bother me. I sounds just like my LT did so I am used to it.

My VROD makes the same klunk. Could it be the result of German engineering? The VROD's power plant was designed by Porshe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in