Anyone install the Cee Bailey Windshield? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 11:43 am Thread Starter

Anyone install the Cee Bailey Windshield?

Has anyone installed the larger Cee Bailey Windshield on an 06 GT yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:52 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaLT
Has anyone installed the larger Cee Bailey Windshield on an 06 GT yet?
Here are some pictures. This is a Cee Bailey +4" in height +2" in width mounted on the bike. The stock BMW "tall" windscreen is clamped to it in the same mounting position. As you can see the bottoms are identical and it is only slightly larger on top. The top lip has a slight curve to it which makes the airflow go a little higher, yet seems to add little turbulence. With this windshield I can raise it to the point that all of the airflow is over the top of my helmet, yet the windshield is well below my field of vision. Yesterday I found the best position was about the middle of the range on the adjustment, putting the top edge of the windshield at a point where it was not in my field of vision for any objects greater than 5-10 feet in front of me.

This works much better than the stock tall windshield.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:06 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Randy, that was very helpful. Nice picture to demonstrate the differences. How tall are you?

post #4 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:19 pm

Argh!

I went thru this with the LT . . . and now the GT. Not fun! I'm leaning toward getting the same size as Randy because we're both 6'3". And...I'd rather error on the side of too tall, rather than too short.

Whatta ya think Randy?
post #5 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:30 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I went thru this with the LT . . . and now the GT. Not fun! I'm leaning toward getting the same size as Randy because we're both 6'3". And...I'd rather error on the side of too tall, rather than too short.

Whatta ya think Randy?
I am a scant 6'3"

I have a longish torso so I probably sit on the bike like someone a little taller. The +4 is just fine for me. I can get it way down so the airflow hits me just below my chin, or I can raise it to be looking through it. I received the +2" width and I think that is about right as well. Any wider and I think it would flex too much in turbulence. At reasonable speed the adjustment motor will still operate the +4 +2.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #6 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:33 pm

Lightbulb

Randy, I think you outta send me yours just so I can be for sure.
post #7 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:48 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Randy, I think you outta send me yours just so I can be for sure.
Funnily (is that even a word) enough they sent me a +6 +2, which I have yet to return - if anyone wants it.

It is a long story - originally Michelle and I were both going to get GTs so I pre-ordered a +4 +2 and a +6 +3, not knowing which I would use. I thought the larger one would work for me and maybe the smaller one would work for her. Though Michelle currently rides an RS at 635lbs (without luggage) the 622lb GT (with luggage) just felt too heavy to her. She decided she really liked the lighter K1200S and would just get by with the smaller luggage and lack of cruise control. We picked up her granite gray K1200S last Saturday.

So now I have an extra windshield.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #8 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:49 pm

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
Funnily (is that even a word) enough they sent me a +6 +2, which I have yet to return - if anyone wants it.
How much?!
post #9 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 1:56 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
How much?!
I think I paid the introductory price of $215 + freight. If you want it I would be happy to ship it to you instead of back to Cee Baileys. I would have to eat the freight going back so it would be $215. If you want to discuss PM me for a phone number.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #10 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 3:29 pm

Thumbs up ** Sold **

You had me at "Funnily".
post #11 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 11:14 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I think you should just ride over and pick it up, Joe.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #12 of 14 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 11:26 pm

I don't know if I'd want to ride 1,500 miles with the OEM shield.
post #13 of 14 Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 3:49 am
IBR# 366

Garage
I'd feel the same way. But think how good it would be on the ride back. Plus you can break the bike in with back-to-back BBG rides.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #14 of 14 Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 8:42 am

I don't do IBA . . . not my "thing".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in