and this small water proof radio head controller, China - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 31st, 2013, 2:02 am Thread Starter

and this small water proof radio head controller, China

http://www.cyclesounds.com/installation-instructions

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 4:54 am

Re: and this small water proof radio head controller, China

Do you have one of their radios? that rock box? if so, how is it? Seems like a lot of money for an FM radio.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 6:13 pm
cws

Garage

oh, that's all we need... if bloody V-twins weren't loud enough already, now we'd have to put up with their music blasting out so loud they can hear it over and above their "loud pipes"...
maybe I'll be glad when my hearing goes completely....

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 6:33 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My VTX1800 has stock pipes with these mounted on the bars. Yes, they are quite loud.

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/sh...s-159-prd1.htm

Interestingly, the enclosures are nothing more than stock HD light holders with stainless steel mesh covers on the speakers.

post #5 of 8 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 9:54 pm

How did we go from FM radios and controllers to speakers for V-twins?

Oh well. It's funny you all should mention this because I do have HD's amplifier and speakers similar to those in the post. Probably one of the biggest disappointments I've had with their products. The speakers sounded great in the showroom (naturally), but once I paid my money and got them mounted, they just couldn't generate enough volume starting around 50 MPH. Yes, I do have some fairly loud pipes on it, but most of the problem is related to the wind noise generated at these speeds. The HD parts guy told me he didn't have any problem using his Iphone connected to them, and proposed my input signal from my MP3 player wasn't large enough (in amplitude). Maybe. If so, it figures. Story of my life. Now I have to buy another MP3 player! Why? You may be asking. Because these folks don't think too kindly about accepting such things as returns.

Jeff

08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #6 of 8 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 9:59 pm
cws

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerj
How did we go from FM radios and controllers to speakers for V-twins?
just by looking at the suppliers website... maybe a bit off-topic...

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #7 of 8 Old Feb 18th, 2013, 2:54 am
Lifetime Supporter

Yea, I think we got there because the original post had a bunch of other things on the same page. You know how us big boys are with our big toys............... But while we're off topic, you might check to see which model you have on your speakers. I think they may be Rumble Roads if they came from the HD dealer. I can't imagine they aren't loud enough if they are the 200 watt system. I had to activate the volume limiter on my Ipod Nano.

post #8 of 8 Old Feb 18th, 2013, 5:48 am

Being I'm home only once every six months, I haven't delved into this issue, but I believe I bought the "first version" when HD started carrying them. It seems like when I was home the next time, they had came out with a successor model. Don't remember what gave it away. Maybe the newer ones were claiming more wattage. Seems like I bought them before I got the LT, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have messed w/ them to begin with.

I'd really enjoy them if I thought I was getting my money's worth, but $400 possibly down a rat hole really frost my arse.

I'll deviate by saying your location, Dean, reminds me of our trip last Sept. going thru Ks' state capital when I noticed my wife's smart phone shaking in the clamp type ram mount. I noticed it just in time because the next second it had jumped out and was sliding across the gas tank. Fortunately, I was able to grab her new phone before it could succumb to gravity. All I could think about was how the salesman of the ram-mount carried on how a phone couldn't and wouldn't fall out. I had my wife keep it in her pocket after that.

Jeff

08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

Last edited by bikerj; Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:03 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in