Is it possible to get song and other info (Text) from iPod to display on post 2005 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 1:19 pm Thread Starter

Is it possible to get song and other info (Text) from iPod to display on post 2005 LT

Short version: Has anyone been able to get song and other details to display on the post 2006 LTís instrument panel/radio display or is this not possible? If so, how did you accomplish this.
Long version: Iím looking for a solution which will enable me to use and control an iPod with the newer style standard LT radio.
Despite spending many hours searching and reading this forum, I have been unable to get confirmation that anyone has been able to get the song and other data to display on the radioís display (which as everyone knows, is part of the instrument cluster on the post 2006 bikes.)
My bike is a 2009 LT, and although it seems that by 2009 the bikes did not get the 6 disc CD player in the right-hand side pannier anymore, mine did.
In my efforts to achieve this, I first purchased a Dice Silverline Duo. Long story short Ė it works fine, apart from displaying song data.
Next I was told that the Dension 300 will definitely work. Major hassle to install, since it plugs in on the back of the radio and we all know what it takes to get to the radio. The dealer from whom I bought the unit, is in contact with Dension support. So far, we have not been able to get it to work, although they maintain that it should Theyíre a bit slow to respond and currently we await their next response after I had to make some changes (which did not work).
Further searching let me to the Neo ProLink 2.0 POD2BMWV1. I contacted the support desk of a company selling these units (www.newcarradio.com) and they were very helpful, although they were also unable to confirm that this unit will display text on the radio display. They can confirm that it works on the pre 2006 models with the display forming part of the radio. They are investigation and will get back to me.
If anyone has been able to get this to work, I would love to know how you accomplished this.

2009 BMW K1200LT (Black)
2009 BMW R1200RT (Silver) [Gone 03/12]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in