You guys must think I'm such a needy person...always coming to you for help. You're right. Here's my problem. I have a new SMH10 and a new R12RT. This is how I'm pairing assorted devices: I pair smh10 with smartphone...all good. I pair smh10 with audio system of my R12RT. I could hear music very clearly thru the speaks of my smh10...good so far. I use multipoint pairing to join my NavigatorV v to the smh10. The music stops. I'm using Mobile Phone pairing to connect the bike's audio system and the smartphone to the smh10 unit, but mulitpoint pairing to connect GPS to smh10. Why can't I hear music from audio anymore?
I'm using Case Study 6 from the SMH10 User Manual. Here is exactly the steps I am following...
1 Mobile Phone Pairing (Sena & Phone)
2 Mobile Phone Pairing (Sena & Bike Audio System)
3 Multipoint Pairing (Sena & GPS)
4 Intercom Pairing (Sena & Sena)
6.1 Mobile Phone Pairing (use this to pair sena & phone / sena & bike)
1. Turn on the SMH10 and press the Phone Button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue alternately and you hear multiple beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Phone pairing”.
2. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena SMH10 in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
6.2 Multipoint Pairing
Typical Bluetooth headsets can connect with only one HFP (Hands-Free Profile) device, but multipoint pairing allows the headset toconnect with two HFP devices at the same time. So, when you already have a mobile phone connected with the SMH10, you can also pair and connect a second mobile phone or other HFP devices such as GPS or Sena SR10, Bluetooth adapter.
1. To pair the second mobile phone, press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds again until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to high tone double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Multipoint pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the Sena SMH10 in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
8.1 Pairing with Other SMH10 Headsets for Intercom Conversation
The SMH10 can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Turn on the two SMH10 headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Intercom pairing”.
3. Simply tap the Jog Dial of any one of the two headsets A or B (It doesn’t matter that you choose A or B.) and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two SMH10 headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the SMH10 will return to stand-by mode.