Real reviews of the Sena SR10 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 10:39 am Thread Starter

Real reviews of the Sena SR10

Has anyone here actually own and use regularly the Sena SR10? all the reviews I can fond online are from websites where they did not actually use it, or people that just bought it and not really used it.

Do you own it and do you actually like it? does it work perfectly? would you buy it again knowing what you know now?

Currently riding a 2003 K1200LTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 11:59 am

Re: Real reviews of the Sena SR10

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgray View Post
Has anyone here actually own and use regularly the Sena SR10? all the reviews I can fond online are from websites where they did not actually use it, or people that just bought it and not really used it.

Do you own it and do you actually like it? does it work perfectly? would you buy it again knowing what you know now?
I have an SR 10 installed on my R1200RT and use it to interface a Midland 75-822 CB with my SMH10 headset. Not a huge fan of CB radio but I ride weekly with a group that includes a bunch of Gold wings and they all use CB so I felt obligated to add one to my RT. Bottom line is that it works as advertised. I'm told by the GW folks that my transmissions have a little static but they understand me just fine. Receiving their transmissions is very clear. I think my noisy transmissions is probably related to my antenna/wiring for the radio but not worth loosing sleep over. The only real problem I had was that my initial installation used 12v power for both SR10 and CB directly from switched power terminals on my fuse block. That power source set up a ground loop that created some sort of feedback and loud static ( some said painful) when ever I hit the PTT. Problem was solved by using the SR 10 internal battery as power source and leaving the CB powered with bike 12 v's. The SR 10 battery will supply power for 8+ hours so it's not a problem. I added a 12 volt power socket wired directly to the bike battery so if I'm travelling I can use a USB car charger to recharge the battery over night. Power requirements are minuscule and don't affect the bike battery. Actually I've used that power source to simultaneously charge my head set, SR 10 and a Bluetooth dongle that's connected to the rear speakers on the bike audio without issue. Although I suspect it would work just fine, I have not used the SR 10 to interface with my phone, GPS or any other device. I have my phone paired to my Garmin GPS and the GPS and the Bluetooth audio dongle paired directly to the headset. Hope this info helps.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in