Installing Intercom speakers in Neotec - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Feb 9th, 2014, 9:13 pm Thread Starter

Installing Intercom speakers in Neotec

I purchased Shoie Neotec at the Chicago IMS show yesterday. Today I attempted to install my Autocom speakers but ran into a quick snag. It appears the wells for the helmet speakers are not large enough diameter for the Autocom speakers. Has anyone experienced this? What did you do about it? If it comes to cutting something, I would be looking for a place to send the helmet and speakers out to get it done right.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 10th, 2014, 10:46 am

Re: Installing Intercom speakers in Neotec

Since you have speaker holes pre made in the helmet you have most of the hard work done already. Now you just need to enlarge them. I installed my AutoCom speakers in a few Nolans and it just required deciding that I could do just as good a job as some vendor I hired. For me attaching the cable to the edge of the helmet always seemed to be more of a challenge than the speaker holes.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 10th, 2014, 11:21 am
Lifetime Supporter

Although I switched to a Sena Bluetooth system I still have the Autocom brick under the seat and could reinstall the headset & speakers in my Shoei Multitec.

Autocom speakers have little bass response. There was a post some time ago regarding cannibalizing an inexpensive Radio Shack headset and splicing them into the headphone leads for your helmet. I did this and the quality of voice and music was greatly improved.

Just an fyi before you do the final install. . .

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 10th, 2014, 1:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post
There was a post some time ago regarding cannibalizing an inexpensive Radio Shack headset and splicing them into the headphone leads for your helmet. I did this and the quality of voice and music was greatly improved.
I have considered this option, too. Another option is the Tork Technologies helmet speakers. http://www.torkworld.com/helmet-speakers.html

Might do some measuring to see how they should fit, as the speaker well is molded into plastic, not styrofoam.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

post #5 of 5 Old Feb 26th, 2014, 8:34 pm Thread Starter

I got it figured out how to install speakers in my helmet. The Autocom speaker enclosures are quite oval shaped and would not fit properly in the speaker well of the helmet. The speaker well is round. I disassembled the speaker enclosure and removed the speaker. I then attached velcro tabs to the magnet and speaker well, then put the linings back in....all is well.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in