Bluetooth Help. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 20th, 2013, 3:09 pm Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Bluetooth Help.

I've been using the G4 with the Bikes Audio via Hardwired connection for the last 2 years. I Tapped into the speaker wires with a 3.5 mm female Plug & used a cable to plug into the bike & to the Audio in of the G4 but wanted to go full Bluetooth so I have the Sena SM10 duel stream Bluetooth on my K1600GTL now. It is hardwired into the bikes Audio plus the Radar audio. With the original hardwired connection I none of the problems I am having now.

The SM10 has 1 audio in(from bike) & 1 Aux in (from radar). I have my Scala G4 paired to the first bluetooth channel (for lack of a proper name) on the Sena & it works fine for both Bike & radar. I have Sammies G4 paired to channel 2 of the Sena. The Radar comes in perfectly (both speakers) but the bikes audio only comes in on the right Speaker. I tried my G4 head unit in Sammies Helmet Cradle (again for lack of a better word) & I only get right speaker from the bikes audio. With Sammies Head unit in my cradle every thing works fine.

Thinking it might be the channel 2 on the Sena & unpaired everything bringing them back to factory setting. I then paired Sammies G4 with the Sena channel 1 & mine with Channel 2. Now mine still works perfect but Sammies still only has one (right) speaker from the bike but both speakers work from the Radar. Again I put my head unit in Sammies cradle & only get the right speaker from the bike. With Sammies head unit in my cradle everything works fine.

The make it even more strange I got an extra cradle from JimE & put Sammies head unit in it & it too only had the right speaker from the bike but both from the radar.

My conclusion is that Sammies Cradle is not working properly BUT why is it only on the audio from the bike & not from the Radar?
I hope my explanation makes since to those people who know how bluetooth protocols work & someone can provide me with an answer.

Stevie Shreeve

Last edited by katnapinn; May 20th, 2013 at 5:41 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in