Just order Scalarider G9 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:59 pm Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Just order Scalarider G9

We were originally looking at the G4, but after reading the reviews, decided on the G9. Did a search on this forum, but didn't find much. There are supposedly some upgrades and fixes on the G9 as compared to the G4. Looking for some real world feedback to re-enforce my decision.

USN Retired
IBA #37743
2005 K1200LT O'l Blue (Mine)
2002 R1150RT (Hers)
Cage-2006 SLK 280
Previous Rides: 2006 VTX 1300R, 1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, Countless Dirt Bikes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2013, 2:31 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: Just order Scalarider G9

Doug, Sammie & I along With Jim & Tonya all have the G4. They work great but we are limited to only connecting to 4 total people. The G9 will connect to 9 plus it has a few more bell & whistles. Bo has the G9 & likes it but the down side is the battery life is only about 10 hours. I've run my G4 for over 18 hours before it died. For me the extended battery life makes the G4 a better set up. Myself , Jim & Tonya talked together most of the way to breakfast & back this morning & it makes riding together much better.

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2013, 7:23 pm Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Doug, Sammie & I along With Jim & Tonya all have the G4. They work great but we are limited to only connecting to 4 total people. The G9 will connect to 9 plus it has a few more bell & whistles. Bo has the G9 & likes it but the down side is the battery life is only about 10 hours. I've run my G4 for over 18 hours before it died. For me the extended battery life makes the G4 a better set up. Myself , Jim & Tonya talked together most of the way to breakfast & back this morning & it makes riding together much better.
Yeah, the battery life is a somewhat less, but from what I saw, they offer a 12 volt adapter, so should be able to charge on the bike if needed.

USN Retired
IBA #37743
2005 K1200LT O'l Blue (Mine)
2002 R1150RT (Hers)
Cage-2006 SLK 280
Previous Rides: 2006 VTX 1300R, 1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, Countless Dirt Bikes

Last edited by katnapinn; Jan 20th, 2013 at 7:50 pm.

post #4 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2013, 7:50 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRACER
Yeah, the battery life is a somewhat less, but from what I saw, they offer a 12 volt adapter, so should be able to charge on the bike if needed.
But you can not use it while charging. When Bo & I ride across the USA every year I take Sammies G4 so when his dies he can use Sammies while his charges on the bike.

Stevie Shreeve
post #5 of 6 Old Jan 20th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
?..makes riding together much better.
Well, I guess that depends on who you're connected with.
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:08 am

Is the G9's speakers and audio quality any better than the G4?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in