News on Firmware for Sena SMH10, RT specific - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:40 pm Thread Starter

News on Firmware for Sena SMH10, RT specific

Just a heads up. After spending some frustrating hours trying to get my RT's audio system to play nice with my Navigator IV, the Sena, and my iPhone, I decided to go the dongle route and bypass the RT's bluetooth system. There are some good threads here explaining the whys and hows of the dongle modification. Anyway, after sending emails to Sena discussing the stability and audio quality issues that many have experienced when trying to pair the Sena with the BMW audio system, Sena sent me an email a few days ago indicating that they expected to release shortly a firmware solution to the RT issue. If you go to Senabluetooth...support...forums... and search "BMW RT" you will see a solution "pending" notice. I think that this is great news. I want to make it clear that the problems I was having have nothing to do with the Sena SMH10. I think its a terrific, easy to use, high quality unit. Kudos to Sena for being responsive to the issues specific to the BMW Bluetooth system on the RT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 18th, 2012, 7:12 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: News on Firmware for Sena SMH10, RT specific

Dean,

Curious what dongle did you settle on? Might be of use to others that are having simular issues.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 18th, 2012, 9:45 am Thread Starter

I ended up with the Sena SM10 because it is the only one that will stream the same input to both rider and passenger. I haven't installed it yet and may return it if the promised Sena update comes out soon. There is a $20 or less BT on EBay which should be fine for only streaming to the rider.

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 19th, 2012, 7:34 pm

I downloaded the 4.1 version and everything went great.Only took about 15 min or so to get everything working.Iphone,550.and Sena.Got to test it today and so far everything works like it should.Going to ride to Destin tomorrow for a road trip test..

Vic Purvis NB4T
07RT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alabaster,Al.
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 19th, 2012, 10:58 pm
Cat Herder

Garage

Make sure you open a PUMA case with your local dealer about the shitty audio and bluetooth with your bike.

I have 2 cases pending on the bluetooth issues with BMW. They can't seem to fix the problem... BUT J&M has a complete BT system that works perfect with the newer BMW bikes... I am having BMW NA pay for a new system from J&M (LEMON LAW)

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in