Cardo Scala G9 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

Cardo Scala G9

Anybody figure out how to connect a GPS to the G9? The instructions say to enter 0000, but how? My GPS doesn't have the keypad to enter 0000, nor does the G9? And the instruction manual doesn't explain how this is done either. WTF, over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 7:55 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Cardo Scala G9

Usually when you are in pairing mode there is a popup window that asks for the code. What make model is the GPS?

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #3 of 6 Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 8:04 pm Thread Starter

Nuvi 765. I have to assume that the GPS would be the unit to show a keypad, but that doesn't happen, nor can I get one to show. Perhaps these two are not compatible?

post #4 of 6 Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 8:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Ok, here is the problem...Sorry but most if not all Automotive type GPS's will not pair with a bluetooth headset. Garmin disables this capability on all but the Zumo line.

You could open it up, attach wire and a connector to the speaker and run that out to a bluetooth dongle that will pair to the GPS.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #5 of 6 Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:43 pm Thread Starter

OK, thanks John. Just so I'm clear, when you say "headset", what are you referring to? I have the GPS paired to my phone, but it won't go to the GPS. Are they different systems?
post #6 of 6 Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

I e-mailed customer support yesterday, and got this back today (Labor Day no less).
Nice service, and thought I'd share:

Unfortunately Garmin doesn't design their Nuvi devices to work with Bluetooth headsets. The Garmin Nuvi is designed to have a mobile phone paired with it which then allows the Nuvi to become the 'hands-free' speakerphone - it is not designed to be used with a Bluetooth headset. The Garmin Zumo is designed to be used on a motorcycle and is capable of transmitting GPS instructions to a Bluetooth headset. The known compatible GPS list for scala rider products includes the TOMTOM Rider 2nd Edition, TOMTOM Urban Rider and the Garmin Zumo 220, 550, 660 and 665. If you need more detailed information about the capabilities of Garmin GPS devices, I would recommend contacting Garmin directly. I hope this helps. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in