J&M Bluetooth install on R1200RT Competed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 21st, 2011, 6:59 pm Thread Starter

J&M Bluetooth install on R1200RT Competed

If you are interested I just completed an install of a complete J&M system on my R1200RT. The details and pictures are on my blog page below.

R1200RT J&M Install

Cheers

2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
Blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Dec 21st, 2011, 11:01 pm

Re: J&M Bluetooth install on R1200RT Competed

Pretty awesome write up..Thanks for sharing!!
post #3 of 6 Old Dec 31st, 2011, 2:58 pm Thread Starter

I've updated the blog with the Shoei Multitec install at J&M and an initial test of the intercom.

Click here for the link J&M Shoei Install

Happy New Year!

Cheers

Blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Dec 31st, 2011, 3:46 pm

I guess my question is what do you gain by going with this full system?

I have a Zumo 665 and J&M Blutooth Elite Headset. The Zumo pairs with my phone and all my contacts are available, The Headset pairs with my Zumo.

I have XM, Nav Directions, MP3 and phone all through my headset. My passneger can either plug into my headset or connect to my headset by bluetooth.

Sound quality is excellent, volume is excellent. Controls are easy (volume button and intercom volume on my headset)

No problems pairing, whether I start the bike and then turn on the headset or vice versa.

The Zumo is powered through a Centech AP-2 fuse panel along with all my other acc.

So I guess my question is what do you gain by all the time and installtion, tupperware removal and so forth over my system. Is it that you can still play through the stock speakers? You can use the bikes built-in volume control?

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #5 of 6 Old Dec 31st, 2011, 4:56 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman
I guess my question is what do you gain by going with this full system?

I have a Zumo 665 and J&M Blutooth Elite Headset. The Zumo pairs with my phone and all my contacts are available, The Headset pairs with my Zumo.

I have XM, Nav Directions, MP3 and phone all through my headset. My passneger can either plug into my headset or connect to my headset by bluetooth.

Sound quality is excellent, volume is excellent. Controls are easy (volume button and intercom volume on my headset)

No problems pairing, whether I start the bike and then turn on the headset or vice versa.

The Zumo is powered through a Centech AP-2 fuse panel along with all my other acc.

So I guess my question is what do you gain by all the time and installtion, tupperware removal and so forth over my system. Is it that you can still play through the stock speakers? You can use the bikes built-in volume control?
Sounds like what you have works great. I would say that the only major advantages over what you have are:
  • The ability to retain full use of the factory installed audio system including the FM radio, MP3 on USB sticks, etc. and use of the volume and playback controls on the handlebars. Output to the bikes speakers can be switched on and off depending on preference and it plays in both headsets.
  • Both rider and passenger can listen to the same music source and talk without any wires.
  • If the phone is plugged in via the cable I can make phone calls and steam music via Pandora, or any other output, to both headsets. I haven't tried this paired to the riders headset alone, but that should work as well. Paired to the Zumo, output would be mono, but should still work. (I'm not sure if your passenger can listen to music from your description.)
I believe I can still pair my rider headset with the Zumo and pair the Phone to Zumo as you have done, but I have not tried that with the system yet. I have done that with my previous headset and it seemed to work well and should be better with this headset.

I didn't go with the fuse block at this point since I don't have other farkles that I need to power up yet.

I guess its up to you if it's worth it or not. I didn't find the installation that tough and it was actually a fun project. The cost is another issue.

Cheers.

Blog -
post #6 of 6 Old Dec 31st, 2011, 6:26 pm

My passenger can hear everything I do.

I can use a memroy card with Mp3 in the Zumo

All music output is stereo. With XM i really do not need Pandora, (Although I love Pandora!)

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in