bluetooth and back to the JM wired headset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 7th, 2011, 6:15 pm Thread Starter

bluetooth and back to the JM wired headset

Hey guys, I read more than I post, but I have a question that some may have the answer to, any help would be appreciated.

Ok I have an 07 LT my wife and I have Nolan helmets and we had the N-com BT headsets and we have been having some problems so i have been told to send the N-com unit back to the factory for repair or replace.
Anyway, I have the wired J & M headsets that i figured i would install for now. got my helmet set up with the J & M unit and i can hear the radio the cb and the Nav 4 gps. Cd works fine too. My problem is the gps is BT and it used to allow me to call and receive calls with the N-com BT headset i had. but i can't seem to make or receive a phone call with the "wired" setup. The phone is paired to the gps but when i try to make a call it says "can't locate adp2 headset" or something to that effect.. My phone is an Iphone 3G and i am wondering if it would work normally with the Nav 4 gps if i get a cord and connect the phone to the intercom phone port? Is it that simple or am I missing something.
thanks, Mark Wilson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Dec 7th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: bluetooth and back to the JM wired headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk
Hey guys, I read more than I post, but I have a question that some may have the answer to, any help would be appreciated.

Ok I have an 07 LT my wife and I have Nolan helmets and we had the N-com BT headsets and we have been having some problems so i have been told to send the N-com unit back to the factory for repair or replace.
Anyway, I have the wired J & M headsets that i figured i would install for now. got my helmet set up with the J & M unit and i can hear the radio the cb and the Nav 4 gps. Cd works fine too. My problem is the gps is BT and it used to allow me to call and receive calls with the N-com BT headset i had. but i can't seem to make or receive a phone call with the "wired" setup. The phone is paired to the gps but when i try to make a call it says "can't locate adp2 headset" or something to that effect.. My phone is an Iphone 3G and i am wondering if it would work normally with the Nav 4 gps if i get a cord and connect the phone to the intercom phone port? Is it that simple or am I missing something.
thanks, Mark Wilson

Mark,
Your phone is still trying to connect through the N-com BT headset. You may need to go into the phone and delete that profile to make it easier to connect to the gps unit. The phone's error message is identifying the connection it is trying to make as the headset and not the Gps.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #3 of 4 Old Dec 7th, 2011, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Sounds simple enough, I'll try that and see what happens.
thanks John

post #4 of 4 Old Jun 25th, 2012, 9:53 am

Merk, curious to know if you ever sent the N-Com BT in to the factory and if they came back working properly. My wife and I also have the N-Com BT and recently purchased a 2005 LT with BMW communications system. With both plugged in we both get music from the BMW system, but voice communication will not override it and it appears that our voice communication is going through the BT not the BMW system, so if I get a tap on the shoulder I either mute the music or turn it off so we can talk.. I tried unpairing the BT and then we have nothing, not even the music. I've installed the J & M headsets in a second pair of 3/4 helmets we have and it works seamlessly in that manner, so I am considering trashing the N-Com and installing the J & M. Let me know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in