Schuberth intercom - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 4:11 am Thread Starter

Schuberth intercom

My wife and I are planning on new helmets, shortly and was wondering if anyone has used the Newest model Schuberth intercom? We have used Nolan with Autocom, they worked pretty good, then another 5 years with Nolan and Nolan intercom again worked fine (both hardwire btw). Was wondering about the quality of the bluetooth intercom?

When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all.
Colonel. Theodore Roosevelt

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who would do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Re: Schuberth intercom

I had been using a Nolan and hardwire AutoCom on the LT for two helmet cycles. I bought an N102 with the premiss of going bluetooth with the NCOM unit, but the cost of replacing the AutoCom hardwire and poor reviews kept me away.

I switched to the Schuberth C3 helmet this year and added the SRC bluetooth headset mainly because I had previously added an iPhone. The iPhone allowed me to cancel my Sirius subscription and bypass the intercom purchase. My setup is very very good and I recommend it. If you need to add a second helmet to the mix I would recommend that you look at some other threads in this sub-forum. Seems like the dual Schuberth helmet and SRC setup would be awesome and somewhat pricey but there seems to be problems. If it works as advertised I would buy two sets but my wife no longer rides with me. She quit during the last helmet refresh so I did not get another one for her this time.

I talked with the US Schuberth rep personally on multiple occasions about pairing and other features and I even had my SRC replaced because it eventually failed to take a charge. It now works as advertised and the sound is equal to a wired headset shipped with my iPhone and that isn't bad.. Not pro or audiophile quality, but then look where I was coming from, so it is very good.

The big difference to me is the helmet is so quiet and light that I don't need earplugs at highway speeds. The C3 had a big time break in period that I finally hastened along with a spoon under the direction of the US Schuberth factory rep. All is good now and I can wear it all day without problems.

Bottom line is no wires and I don't miss them...

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 15th, 2011, 3:45 am Thread Starter

Thank you, I am looking forward to the new Schuberth helmets. When using the bluetooth intercom on the same bike do you have to begin each statement with a vocal sound like "ahhh" to turn on the mike? like a vox?

When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all.
Colonel. Theodore Roosevelt

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who would do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 15th, 2011, 3:39 pm

I don't use the SRC for an intercom. I have an AutoCom still installed but it is unused. I left it installed because I will include it with the bike when I eventually sell it. I ride one up 99.9% of the time.

I created a mixer box and put my GPS/FRS/CB audio out into it and them push that to my bike radio via a cassette adapter. I can get good volume without blasting in my ear and I can mute it easily. I don't talk on the CB and the FRS is actually hand held and was easily used by just taking it out of the tank bag and using the mic and transmit button on the unit.

The iPhone and SRC work very, very well together. When I talk to my wife on the phone she doesn't have any idea I am in the LT at speed. I would imagine that the intercom would work the same way but I have not had the opportunity to ride with anyone that had a compatible bluetooth system.

There is another post ( clicky - clicky ) that talks about issues with a Scala G4 and that is the same as the SRC equipment. Uses the same firmware but different packaging. So I would expect similar results. I would see where he goes and if he resolves his problem. The helmet and SRC electronics for two is a sizable investment and you need to be satisfied with the fit and performance of the electronics.

If the helmet fits both of you and the electronics works as advertised even the outrageous cost of two fully equipped helmets will easer to swallow. BTW, when I talked to Schuberth reps they recommend a seven year replacement cycle from the date of manufacture, if there is has been no impacts to the helmet. Hopefully the electronics will carry over.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in