scala g4 questions. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 12th, 2011, 9:03 pm Thread Starter

scala g4 questions.

Had mine paired to my phone only for a couple weeks now, all is well. Able to take calls, and listen to Pandora etc.
Today the wife and I went riding, she a passenger, has her phone paired to her headset, she is able to make calls listen to Pandora etc.

Communication between us was spotty at best, headsets would not seem to stay linked. most of the time either one of us would talk and the other not be able to hear each other. This improved when we were stopped at a light, but not while moving.
As soon as she turned on her heaset, it said it was paired with rider a, but my music shut off and it seemed all went to crap.

The headsets work great individually but not when paired together. Any ideas or advice is appreciated.
I would even be willing to call and explain issues if someone has a bit more knowledge about the headsets. I have called customer support a few times when I first bought the system to get things going and they sometime give the impression that their time is being wasted so will use them as a last resort if I have to..

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 13th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Re: scala g4 questions.

Have you looked at or made sure that both headsets are at the same firmware level.. I have an SRC headset and that is essentially a G4 and I had very flaky problems when I was not at the 3.0 firmware level and the latest on the phone. In the latest levels you do not need to pair the remote headset just set it to use an auto hookup.

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 1:29 am Thread Starter

Everything is up to date

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Have you tried to use the helmets to only be the intercom and have it work as advertised at standstill and at speed?

Have you preformed each pairing without another bluetooth source active within 50 feet?

My SRC becomes very flakey if my Zumo 550 bluetooth is active even if the GPS is not paired with the SRC. I have to shut it off. I am told that the method of communication, not A2DP, is the reason.

I read somewhere there is a method to initialize the SRC parameters back to default during power on.. Maybe holding the + button for three seconds while powering on????...

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in