Autocom Pro 7 Sport and bluetooth - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 8:14 pm Thread Starter

Autocom Pro 7 Sport and bluetooth

I have the Autocom Pro 7 Sport system installed on my '04 K1200LT. Everything is working great. Now I am interested in adding bluetooth capabilities to the Autocom. Will the Autocom Bluetooth part 1273 allow me to use my cellphone via bluetooth?

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 25th, 2011, 9:50 am

Re: Autocom Pro 7 Sport and bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmi
I have the Autocom Pro 7 Sport system installed on my '04 K1200LT. Everything is working great. Now I am interested in adding bluetooth capabilities to the Autocom. Will the Autocom Bluetooth part 1273 allow me to use my cellphone via bluetooth?

The autocom Pro 7 sport has some limitations, The inputs on the unit are configured in this way:

1. 3 pole stereo music input the 3 poles are configured this way:
a. left channel
b. right channel
c. ground

2. the communication port aux 2 is a 3 pole 3.5mm connector configured this way:

a. left and right channels mixed together
b. microphone
c. ground

Newer systems use 4 pole inputs 3.5mm and are configured this way:

a. Left channel
b. Right channel
c. microphone
d. ground

The pro 7 was built before the ipod and other pda's were thought of so it has some inherent limitations which are shown above.

We do have a bluetooth dongle for this unit, it will only allow connection to a cell phone and is must be connected to #2 shown above, it is not stereo and one cannot listen to stereo music on this connection.

Contact me with what you want to accomplish with this bluetooth device and maybe we can make it work. 918-446-2245

All newer systems are A2dp stereo bluetooth compatable, they were designed with the iphone and other devices in mind. Kieth

ps remember you will give up quality, volume, and convenience with a bluetooth connection. Even though it seems the bluettooth would be more convenient in my experience it is more expensive, poored quality, and a hassle due to shortened battery life.
post #3 of 5 Old Nov 6th, 2011, 8:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieth
ps remember you will give up quality, volume, and convenience with a bluetooth connection. Even though it seems the bluettooth would be more convenient in my experience it is more expensive, poored quality, and a hassle due to shortened battery life.
Keith, I have BT on my K1600GTL and I love it. I am not a "power" user, but listen to the bike's audio, GPS and plan to soon have my cell phone connected through the GPS. The audio that I get is much better than what I got from my previous Autocom with enhanced speakers. Volume is too loud if I want it that way. I get at least 12 hours on a battery charge. That was proven on a 14 hour Iron Butt ride.

I was using a Nolan 102 flip helmet that seemed to provide pretty good wind protection on the previous Autocom system.. Granted that my information is anecdotal and very specific to my old and present systems.

New helmet is the new Schuberth.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 6th, 2011, 8:21 am

I recently upgraded from autocom to scala g4 and have not looked back, www.compacc.com has them on sale for $339 at the moment. I like the fact that I have bluetooth music, phone, gps and can talk to the wife or other riders who have the same system if I wanted. Someone did mention that the music cut off when talking to someone else, but that is what you want anyway, no complaints about the system here.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

post #5 of 5 Old Nov 10th, 2011, 8:53 am

I've been an Autocom fan for a very long time. However my advice is to simply trash the Autocom system and go with a Sena Bluetooth system. That's what I did, and while there are a few things about the Autocom that are better, overall I'm much happier with this setup.

Also keep in mind that the idiots at Autocom decided that the BT module will auto-answer your phone on the second ring for EVERY CALL!!! Yes, that's no joke, as much as you'd like to believe nobody is that dumb. You could be in the middle of a corner and a call comes in, bam you're on it.

If you really want to keep the Autocom around, I'll have a nice near-new system for sale as soon as I have time to pull it off the bike...

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in