Poll For 08 And 09 LT Owners W/Voice II Comm System - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 4:28 pm Thread Starter

Poll For 08 And 09 LT Owners W/Voice II Comm System

My 09 LT doesn't have a Comm system and I am considering installing the VOICE II system.
I am starting this pole for all 2009 and 2008 LT owners that have the VOICE II installed on their LTís. The reason I included the 2008 year is that Iíve been told that the 08 and 09 are identical. I know that the up and coming technology is Bluetooth, but I am not a big fan of Bluetooth. I am also aware that J&M has a new wired system that will be available in the coming weeks for the LT.

1.) If you have the VOICE II are you happy with the system? If not please expound on the problems you have encountered.

2.) If given the opportunity would you keep the VOICE II or change it out for something different.

Thanks for all that respond, it will definitely help with my decision as to which system to have installed on my LT.

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing

Last edited by Chipper; Aug 15th, 2011 at 6:33 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Re: Pole For 08 And 09 LT Owners W/Voice II Comm System

I have the Voice II Comm system on my 09, as it was a freebie as part of BMW's promotional on the 09 LT's. It works well for rider to passenger communications and listening to the radio and a MP3 player. It falls short IMHO in that it is limiting on the number of inputs you can run. I would like to run my GPS, MP3 and radar seamlessly, but there is only 1 aux port. If the system was not offered as a freebie, I would have bought a Baehr and I am looking into going that route and forgetting the Voice II.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 6:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1137
I have the Voice II Comm system on my 09, as it was a freebie as part of BMW's promotional on the 09 LT's. It works well for rider to passenger communications and listening to the radio and a MP3 player. It falls short IMHO in that it is limiting on the number of inputs you can run. I would like to run my GPS, MP3 and radar seamlessly, but there is only 1 aux port. If the system was not offered as a freebie, I would have bought a Baehr and I am looking into going that route and forgetting the Voice II.
I am not aware of any pole made for the Voice II.

Oh, you meant poll! I am fairly happy with my Voice II once I got the BMW headset and cords. I tried to make an aftermarket headset work and could not succeed. The biggest issue is that you can't adjust the gain of the mics and they volume from the headset mics isn't nearly as loud as is the radio and GPS.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Old Dawg

I have the VoiceII on my LT and a Starcom on my BMW F800 and my Ducati. I would not spend the money on a Voice II when you can set up a StarCom for so much less money and it works outstanding.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 7:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager
I am not aware of any pole made for the Voice II.

Oh, you meant poll! I am fairly happy with my Voice II once I got the BMW headset and cords. I tried to make an aftermarket headset work and could not succeed. The biggest issue is that you can't adjust the gain of the mics and they volume from the headset mics isn't nearly as loud as is the radio and GPS.
My bad I meant "POLL"

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 15th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Re: Poll For 08 And 09 LT Owners W/Voice II Comm System

+1 with Gizmo
post #7 of 9 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 6:46 pm

Quote from my thread looking for help on the Voice II: "2009 K1200L with BMW V.O.I.C.E. II communication system and J&M headsets. Works sufficiently when first turned on but after about 10 minutes of riding I can scream at the top of my lungs and the intercom will not click on. Backseat works better and she normally has to initiate conservations for us to talk. Tried multiple changes to the settings and seems to be the same. Radio, GPS, CD and Aux with IPod all work fine in the headsets. Can switch the radio off and back on and sometimes it allows me to get a quick word in before intercom stops picking up again. Appreciate any ideas."

I'm still trying to figure out why it works sometimes perfectly and sometimes not at all.

Good Luck........

FLYARNG........
post #8 of 9 Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Garage

Like others I got V.O.I.C.E. II free.
It was part of a promo on '09LT in 2010. That had the effect of spending more money for J&M elite head set and BMW lower cord. I was going to get a new helmet anyway and my wife rides but not long distance touring. Oh yes and I have the Nav iv GPS. Individually things work fine. Radio and CD clear, GPS ditto. I have yet to get the radio vol to mute sufficiently when the GPS comes in same too with the phone. I too have tried a few different things. Only I am not too concerned with the phone( I am not a phone person and especially not while riding.) I have no reason to change what I have and the new helmet I got my wife has no head set. So I never tested that setup. She hears her music fine. No I-pod never tried the Aux.
ride safe
post #9 of 9 Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 9:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydawg
I have the VoiceII on my LT ...

I would not spend the money on a Voice II when you can set up a StarCom for so much less money and it works outstanding.
ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!!

Nicely done sir... Took the words....

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in