BMW JMCB 2003B System - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jun 4th, 2011, 12:46 pm Thread Starter

BMW JMCB 2003B System

Before I email J&M, I thought I would throw this out. My 2008 RT has the BMW JMCB 2003B system installed, BMW Navigator (Streetpilot III), and XM radio. The GPS was connected by a 3-prone plug (power, ground, sound)? I disconnected the plug when I installed my 2610. I notice that coming off of the bikes CD unit is a male plug which plugs into a coupler then another male plug. I assume that this feeds the J&M system? My other questions are:

-- Is there a way to connect a HF-820 Bluetooth device to use with my cell phone? The HF-820 worked on my LT with a Autocom system. If so, where would you connect it to?

--There is a huge volume difference between playing the bikes radio and switching to the XM radio. I can turn the auxiliary volume knob on the CB to make the xm louder but it is still well below the radios volume. You have to be careful when switching from the xm to the radio. Does this seem normal?

--I do not know if this is the bmw side or the JMCB side. Every time I start the bike (with xm as the default), I have to manually increase the volume. Is this normal? I have not tried it with the radio. (My LT use to retain the current sound when I turned off the bike.) On this RT, it took me a little time to figure out how to make the adjustment so that the sound does not blast you while moving and become silent when coming to a stop. I have it set to "4".

--How do you think the xm radio is connected to the JMCB system? The xm has a male (2.5 or 3.5) male plug. Again, this relates to my first question. If I figure this one out, maybe I can connect a "Y" adapter, but by doing it this way, I do not think the HF-820 will silence the radio when it rings.

Thanks everyone!

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jun 16th, 2012, 7:09 am Thread Starter

Re: BMW JMCB 2003B System

I know that it has been over a year since my last posting on this subject, but has anyone connected their cell phone to the JMCB 2003 system? I just emailed John yesterday and am waiting for a reply. I am still looking at connecting my HF-820 blue tooth device to the JMCB. I see that there are two 3-pin black plugs. I do not know if I can use that or if their system does NOT support cell phones.
My xm radio is playing through the BMW's radio aux 3 output, so it does not link to the JMCB system. It still plays through the helmet speakers.
As for the low volume with the radio each time I start the bike, I connected a boosteroo (?) device to boost the output. I no longer have to adjust the volume of the radio.
I tried connecting the bluetooth device to the radios aux 3 plug (the same as my xm radio). I can hear the phone ring and the other person talking, but I cannot talk back (again because the output is going through the radio and not the JMCB).
The next step may be to ask John how much it will cost to upgrade. I jus do not believe the JMCB system may not offer cell phone support. I had a ten year old autocom suytem on my LT which supported a slew of devices.
Any help is appreciated!

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Jun 16th, 2012, 9:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
I know that it has been over a year since my last posting on this subject, but has anyone connected their cell phone to the JMCB 2003 system? I just emailed John yesterday and am waiting for a reply. I am still looking at connecting my HF-820 blue tooth device to the JMCB. I see that there are two 3-pin black plugs. I do not know if I can use that or if their system does NOT support cell phones.
My xm radio is playing through the BMW's radio aux 3 output, so it does not link to the JMCB system. It still plays through the helmet speakers.
As for the low volume with the radio each time I start the bike, I connected a boosteroo (?) device to boost the output. I no longer have to adjust the volume of the radio.
I tried connecting the bluetooth device to the radios aux 3 plug (the same as my xm radio). I can hear the phone ring and the other person talking, but I cannot talk back (again because the output is going through the radio and not the JMCB).
The next step may be to ask John how much it will cost to upgrade. I jus do not believe the JMCB system may not offer cell phone support. I had a ten year old autocom suytem on my LT which supported a slew of devices.
Any help is appreciated!
Mike,

I just did the economy install of a J&M Integratr IV into my 2008 RT. It has very similar functions as both the 2003CB and the factory BMW LT Comm System.

I used the optional cord to connect the Zumo 660 to the cell input of the Integratr. This allows you to bluetooth a cell to the garmin, then pass through to the headset.

I hard wired the Integratr to a switched circuit through an Eastern Beaver 3CS with relay and put the unit in the glove box.

I spent about $165 for all the parts and now have FM Stereo, Intercom, GPS, MP3, and cell functions....my RT did not have the BMW radio.

You can also hook a CB through it and radar detector..

Ron

735,834 miles on touring motorcycles since 1990

IBA 45658 MOA167437

2000 LTC 90,600 miles KIA (new)
2003 LTE 164,188 miles Silver (Purchased with 1687)
2008 R1200RT 176,196 miles (Purchased with 16458)
2017 R1200RT 84,612 miles (new)
Total BMW miles 497,451
1982 GL1100 rode 84108 miles (bought with 12012 sold 96120)
1988 GL1500 rode 12067 miles (bought with 19893 totaled 31960)
1989 GL1500 rode 142208 miles (bought with 20302 sold 162510)
Goldwing miles 238,383

post #4 of 6 Old Jun 18th, 2012, 7:12 am Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Ron. Sunday night at 11:00 I received the following email from John Lazzeroni:

Michael ,,,,,,,,

We will be releasing a new Bluetooth cell phone integration kit for the JMCB-2003 within a month or so ,,,,,,,

That is what I would recommend for your set-up ,,,,,,,

John Lazzeroni

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT

post #5 of 6 Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:22 am Thread Starter

With thinking of this some more, I emailed the following to John Lazzeroni at J&M last week:

Hi John, Another question regarding connecting my cell phone to the JMCB-2003B system. Is it possible to fabricate an adapter that goes from the passenger connector (cord) to a 2.5mm female headset jack? I can plug this adapter into my Bluetooth HF-820 device. When I am riding by myself and receive a call on my cell phone I can always mute the audio system and receive the call. I just cannot see paying $500+ for the CFBR unit since I do not ride that often.

If this is a possibility, I may also ask you if it would be possible to also fabricate a Y adapter for when my wife is riding with me.

I received the following from him:
"I don't believe that will work very well ,,,,,,, but certainly something to think about ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

I will give him a couple of weeks to think about it and I will ask the question again. I would think that this would work. Anyone with thoughts about this?

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT

post #6 of 6 Old Dec 14th, 2012, 8:02 am Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone!!!!

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in