Question: VOICE II comm system - CB radio connector - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 10th, 2011, 2:23 am Thread Starter

Question: VOICE II comm system - CB radio connector

First of all, greetings to the BMW Luxury Touring Community.

I just installed a VOICE II comm system that came with my 2009 K1200LT. I had no problems installing it into the bike's stock setup. One question I have about the VOICE II is its CB radio connector. As part of its wiring harness, there's an optional round connector for a CB radio. It comes complete with a rubber cap to keep the connector clean if unused.

My question is, what exactly does this connector on the VOICE II connect to? It looks like it's the same kind of connection that the headset connectors use, but I'm not 100% sure (it's already tucked away inside the bike and I can't remember if it's the same 6-pin connection used as the headset connectors). The VOICE II comm system's installation guide doesn't specify what this connector actually is, and really doesn't say anything about it. In fact, all it says about it's CB connector is ...

"Connector for CB two-way radio"

Uhhhh OK. That's helpful... NOT!

I've looked at the Instructions for installing the JMCB2003 on a R1200RT and it makes no mention of this particular connection. I'm thinking that this CB connector on the VOICE II is actually a headset socket, perhaps serving as an audio input to the com system that it in turn routes to the driver/passenger independently?

Anyway, I'm posting here in hopes that someone else might have some insight into the VOICE II's connections and how it interoperates with the JMCB2003.

Thanks for any help that you can send my way!
Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jun 8th, 2013, 9:49 pm Thread Starter

Re: Question: VOICE II comm system - CB radio connector

LOL I just found this post, hoping to find this answer again after two years. But then I saw that the original post... was made by myself!!! DOH!!!!

I am once again trying to integrate this CB Communicator for an R1200RT onto my 1200LT. These BMW instructions suck!!!!!
post #3 of 4 Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 8:13 pm

Talking Re: Question: VOICE II comm system - CB radio connector

If it is under the tupperware on left side side of the radio pod it is to connect the optional CB radio.See image at this link LT Comm Wiring
I believe you are talking about connecton "E" on the diagram hope this helps

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 5th, 2013, 8:32 pm
Jr_

Re: Question: VOICE II comm system - CB radio connector

charles,

just in case you are still messing with this here is what I found:

1). the BMW CB (Made by J&M) has the correct connector to plug in to the connector on the VOICE II

2). If I remember right the J&M set for the LT/RT/GTL is not the set that plugs into the VOICE II.

3). The current J&M listed for the LT is a stand alone unit for a bike without the VOICE II.

Hopefully this will bring this thread back to the top and some better answers/ clarifications.

Chuck
06 LT (Current)
09 RT (Gone)
02 Goldwing (Had to have the Latest)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in