Scala G4 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 4:30 pm Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Scala G4

Well Sammie & I have gone wireless in anticipation to the "NEW" GTL coming in. I sold the trailer hitch & the Autocom off of the LT & bought the Scala Rider G4 power set with a little cash left to put toward a new helmet. First impressions are that they are a great & well made set up. Built in FM radio up to 4 riders can connect plus I can plug my IPod into them. I can listen to the IPon & Sammie can listen to it or the radio or nothing at all. We will take it out Sunday for a ride & real test & I will report more at that time.

Stevie Shreeve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Re: Scala G4

Hey Steve, with you and Sammie paired up, I think you can only pair up with two other bikes now. A total for 4 headsets. The real question will be, will the Scala headsets pair up with integrated Bluetooth on the new LT?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Garage

g'day Steve
I have the G4 and love em, cathie can be out of site behind me on her bike and I give out the call you alright, and get back yeah I'm ok. the one thing that I hate it takes about 3 sec from vox connect or button for that matter before you can talk so when you go past something and call out have a look at that its too late you are past and shes missed it, driving through towns etc I lock it on with the button then there is no delay, I had hoped the last software update would fix this but no Good luck I am sure you will be pleased with the G4

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT

post #4 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 5:50 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Linton, I had heard about the small delay before you talk but that should not be a problem as Sammie only rides pillion. I can point at some thing then we can talk about it.
Steve, from what the guys at Lone Star have said the Scala will work fine on the GTL as the brain of the radio is the same as on the 2011RT & they have set up 5 or 6 of them. They all seam to work well. Also the 4 riders I spoke of is Sammie & I plus 2 others.

Stevie Shreeve
post #5 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 6:10 pm

I wonder what the max number-limit of 4 paired up G4 units is governed by? Sub-freqs maybe? AND, I wonder if a G4 BTunit can pair up with a Sena SMH BT unit? Dang, am I bored or what??

Hey, Stevie. You keepin' the LT? At least 'til you and Sammie know the GTL is a keeper?
post #6 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Garage

dick this is what I read there are 2 chanels A & B and that is what governs 4 riders. also the new software now has a click to link feature allows you to connect to another g4 on the fly no pairing required havent had the chance to try it but it is for chatting when you are in a group

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
AND, I wonder if a G4 BTunit can pair up with a Sena SMH BT unit? Dang, am I bored or what??
Unfortunately Dick, I believe that answer to be no. The different manufactures don't implement the BT specs the same way. Everything I've read say they will only pair up with like units. If this Biker Com Bluetooth unit ever makes it to the U.S., it's what I will put on whatever bike I own.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 8 Old Mar 24th, 2011, 8:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick

Hey, Stevie. You keepin' the LT? At least 'til you and Sammie know the GTL is a keeper?
Nope we be gettin da GTL I already have 2 people lookin at it. but they will have to wait till we get back from Big Bent next month before I will sell it.

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in