Scala G4 vers 3.0 update - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 1st, 2011, 11:24 am Thread Starter

Smile Scala G4 vers 3.0 update

Just got this. the Click-to-Link looks interesting.

Latest Software Upgrade for the scala rider® G4 now available!

As a unique feature of Cardo’s scala rider G4, the latest software upgrade (version 3.0) is now available for download. G4 users can download the latest software for free*.

The upgrade will give your G4 new features, including Click-to-Link™ technology bringing social-networking to the road (see below for further details). Software version 3.0 also provides you with improved customization options and further optimizes compatibility with third-party Bluetooth devices, such as new telephone models and GPS systems.

To ensure your scala rider G4 remains at the forefront of technology, update to software version 3.0 today!

New Features

Software version 3.0 of the scala rider G4 is a major milestone, bringing with it innovative new features, improved customization options and more. Important new features include:
• Click-to-Link for spontaneous intercom connections to random G4 users nearby (in addition to existing pairing)
• New Voice Configuration Menu
• VOX and AGC (Automatic Gain Control) Calibration
• Volume Per Mode
• Stand-alone A2DP channel
• FM Radio enhancements

*Currently available only for OS Windows® XP™, Vista™ and Windows 7.

For more details on the new features included in software version 3.0 click Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download...notes-version3

Download the latest software version 3.0 Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/softwareupgrade

If you already have the 'Cardo Upgrades' program installed on your computer,
please go to Check for Software Upgrades

Download the latest version of the product manual Here
http://www.cardosystems.com/download/manuals

Follow my South America ride at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by garry_kramer; Mar 1st, 2011 at 11:40 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 1st, 2011, 8:58 pm

Re: Scala G4 vers 3.0 update

Thanks for the update. This is great information. Mrs, Santa brought me a new set for Christmas ans I can't wait for the weather to break so I can get out and use it! Thanks for the great update!!

Robert
post #3 of 11 Old Mar 1st, 2011, 9:15 pm

Garage

I updated mine tonight but I haven't given it a real test. It took a few times because the downloaded EXE file was looking for a file from my previous install. I had to uninstall the desktop version (2.3?) and the reinstall everything. Took some doing, but finally got it uploaded to one of my headsets.

A buddy of mine updated his headset and is now reporting clipped music from his headset. The mp3s play but then cut out mid song. It then moves to another song and then stops playing again.

I hope we get both headsets working again before our ride to Daytona on Sunday.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #4 of 11 Old Mar 4th, 2011, 12:05 am

Both the Scala software APP and G4 device firmware are now version 3.0.
post #5 of 11 Old Mar 4th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Updated one of my two G4's -- not.

First time I've ever had a device fail a firmware update -- I'll have to RMA to Cardo. Not a happy camper here.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA
post #6 of 11 Old Mar 4th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Garage

Was it a problem with the desktop software or the Scala unit?

Mine was with the computer.

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #7 of 11 Old Mar 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Cat Herder

The only problem I have since version 1.0 is that it does not always connect to the stereo channel, which make the music sound like through a phone. Then I'll have to turn off the GPS for a few minutes and try it again.
post #8 of 11 Old Mar 5th, 2011, 3:44 am

Garage

I had hoped that they would have fixed the 4 sec delay in the vox with this update its a pain you see something and by the time the second unit has kicked in your past whatever it was my original scala was instant

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #9 of 11 Old Mar 5th, 2011, 6:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett
Updated one of my two G4's -- not.

First time I've ever had a device fail a firmware update -- I'll have to RMA to Cardo. Not a happy camper here.

Did it give a specific error message? I had some problems with the install but finally got it to work on both my units.
post #10 of 11 Old Mar 5th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1054
Did it give a specific error message? I had some problems with the install but finally got it to work on both my units.
Yes, at the 99% point in the install, a "General Failure" dialog box, immediately after a message that indicated a time-out limit had been reached during the firmware writing verification process.

I tried re-flashing with a couple different approaches, including complete uninstall-reinstall and re-download of the upgrade (and then repeated the re-download process iaw Cardo tech support's instructions. No joy. Cardo has just authorized an RMA to have me send it back to be looked at. Obviously, I'm not putting my second unit up for try 2 until I have a reason to believe it will work, or at least until I get the first unit back.

In response to the device vs. computer question above, I don't know. I've been building machines from parts since 386SX days, so I'm pretty comfortable around them. This re-flash was done on an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe with an i5-2500K clocked to 4.7 GHz, under Win7-64, SP1. I'm aware of the Intel Sandy Bridge chipset issue, which is why I did the flashing on one of the USB 3.0 ports not impacted by the Intel Flaw (also later tried it on one of the USB 2.0 ports, but no joy there, either). I'm certainly open to suggestions, but to date I don't have a reason to suspect the PC.

Thanks for the above, and any additional, thoughts.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA
post #11 of 11 Old Mar 5th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Garage

Finally gave mine a good dry run after I updated my unit.

No problems - click to speak with others works fine. Can listen to streaming Pandora from my phone but interestingly, not from my Sirius XM app. It cuts in and out intermittently. Pandora- no problem. When I turn the bluetooth off on my phone, I can stream Sirius with out the problem.

Weird!

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in