J&M JMCB 2003 With Zumo Integration - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 31st, 2010, 11:50 pm Thread Starter

J&M JMCB 2003 With Zumo Integration

I am in the process of installing the JMCB 2003 BW CB along with the J&M Zumo Integration Terminal (JCB03-CFRG-D) on a 2007 R1200RT. I chose to run the power cable up the right side of the bike to the front fairing, and I installed the audio portion of the harness in the front fairing. The only problem I'm having is choosing the right location for the CFRG integrator box that is on Zumo Integration Terminal. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best location that minimizes electromagnetic interference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jan 7th, 2011, 6:18 am

Re: J&M JMCB 2003 With Zumo Integration

I also just installed the same unit you have along with our Zumo 665 and antenna, but I ran the main cables along the left side so I'm afraid I can't help you. I mounted the box your referring to on a flat plastic area just behind the tank. The only thing I got left to do is mount a Firestik antenna I bought, it's going to go where the BMW antenna would go, just to right of the windshield on the fairing. I'm also trying to figure out where to mount the transmit button. It's got so cold in the garage that I'm going to have to wait till it warms up a bit to work on the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004_6.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	30060  

Stephen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 R1200RT
2010 Unigo Trailer w/Dauntless Hitch
post #3 of 6 Old Jan 7th, 2011, 6:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdan451
I also just installed the same unit you have along with our Zumo 665 and antenna.....The only thing I got left to do is mount a Firestik antenna I bought, it's going to go where the BMW antenna would go, just to right of the windshield on the fairing....
Stephen,
Please post a picture of your antenna once it is installed. Is the Firestik a "short" antenna? Usually the BMW CB antenna gets mounted at the right rear of the bike. The radio antenna is mounted to the right of the windshield.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Jan 7th, 2011, 2:03 pm

The antenna is 13 3/8" inches long. It's all black in color with a thin red ring near the base. It's got a knuckle at the base where it can be adjusted. To adjust you simply turn the plastic shroud above the base till the knuckle is loose and then tighten it up when your done with your adjustment. It seems well made. It's a no ground plane antenna so it comes with 17 feet of cable which you cannot shorten. I plan on rolling it up and fastening it somewhere under the fairing. Somebody else used this antenna on their RT and said it work great. I had thought about the rear mounted antenna but didn't want anything in the way of the wife. I actually wasn't even going to hook up the cb but decided to go ahead since all I needed was the antenna and got to thinking it may come in handy. I'll post some pictures after I get it installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	firestik.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	30062  

Stephen

2006 R1200RT
2010 Unigo Trailer w/Dauntless Hitch
post #5 of 6 Old Jan 7th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Please post back when you test it.

Mike Trevelino
Williamsburg, VA
2008 RT
2000 LT - Totaled at 99,960 miles

post #6 of 6 Old Jan 15th, 2011, 3:41 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdan451
I also just installed the same unit you have along with our Zumo 665 and antenna, but I ran the main cables along the left side so I'm afraid I can't help you. I mounted the box your referring to on a flat plastic area just behind the tank. The only thing I got left to do is mount a Firestik antenna I bought, it's going to go where the BMW antenna would go, just to right of the windshield on the fairing. I'm also trying to figure out where to mount the transmit button. It's got so cold in the garage that I'm going to have to wait till it warms up a bit to work on the bike.
Stephen, where did you take your power for the Zumo, and where did you run your ground for both the Zumo and JMCB? The reason I ask is that I'm getting interference on mobile phone calls. However, all other audio components of the system appear to be working fine.

When I make a call, the person on the receiving end of the call hears what sounds like ignition noise (constant popping or tapping). I think this is being caused by a ground loop, but I'm not sure.

Brian Otis
Houston, TX
'07 R1200RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in