J & M 6 pin / 6 pin One Piece Helmet Cord - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 11:08 am Thread Starter

J & M 6 pin / 6 pin One Piece Helmet Cord

Anybody out there got one of the old J&M 6 pin to 6 pin one piece intercom cords they wouldn't mind parting with (BMW part # 99 99 0 000 027)? The cord was made for the original BC 1, BC 2 and the J&M manufactured BMW ComSystem unit, sometimes referred to as the BC 3. Mine is shorting out. Just got off the phone with J&M and they don't make them anymore. My options are to try to find one of these old ones or to purchase a new 8 pin headset, with 2 piece cords and jack. If anyone has one, I'd like to strike a deal with you.

Bill Edwards
Universal City, TX
210-410-9638
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Re: J & M 6 pin / 6 pin One Piece Helmet Cord

I switched over to the P series cord for my 02LT. This requires you to switch over the short helmet pigtail also. Honda of Russellville has these both on EBay all the time. I bought them at the same time and asked them to combine the shipping and they did($5 instead of $10). Here are a couple of current listings. The P series lower cord is a little longer than the Z series BMW (JM) cord and about 4 inches shorter than the Z series lower driver cord (more curls less straight). My lower drivers cord hook-up is on the flat portion of my stingray and the cord is plenty long. Some LT's have the connection up on the dash and the cord is not long enough for that. The lower driver Z series cord is no longer available so if that goes you are out of luck unless you make the P series work for you. It is by far cheaper to go with the P series.
Sorry, not on Ebay anymore.
Honda of Russellville number is 1-866-HONDA19. They have them in stock for $24.99

John

2002 K1200LT

Last edited by RockyRaccon; Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:45 pm.
post #3 of 5 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Hey, Bill. You reckon Altex might have a workable 6pin to 6pin DIN cord? They gotta really beeg building on 1604 'tween Babcock and Bandera Rd - I just saw it last Satiday.

Click here for one of their cord pages (I don't speak this stuff, so it's grease to me!!).

Good luck.

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 3:51 pm Thread Starter

Dick,

Thought about it. They've sure got lots of stuff there. Haven't been to that one, but I've been to the one on I-35 N near Universal City. Would probably have to be made up. I think the bike end of the cord is a regular DIN and the helmet end is a mini DIN, and may be hard to find in a 90 degree configuration. The helmet end may even be proprietary. I'm going to explore RockyRaccon's aforementioned solution first. There are upper and lower cords for sale all over the "world wide inter web."

Bill
post #5 of 5 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Check with a dealer on the helmet cords; I own an 03 LT and got a new set of cords (6 pin) in August of this year. He had to order them from BMW.

Will Hedgspeth
03 LTE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in