Can answer phone calls, but the caller cannot hear me - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2010, 7:58 pm Thread Starter

Can answer phone calls, but the caller cannot hear me

I had my autocom working with my Zumo 550, which I had paired with my cell phone. Everything was working, one day callers could no longer hear me when I talked. I could hear them, and answer and hang up calls, but they couldn't hear anything.

I've since changed cell phones and paired it with the zumo, but the problem persists, so it seems the problem is either with the bluetooth module I had to add onto the autocom system, or the autocom itself. Neither is inexpensive. My plan is to try and repair the autocom bluetooth module with the zumo, and if that doesn't fix it, I'll probably bail on the autocom. I'm not happy with this system. I'll be looking at a bluetooth setup, maybe the cardo scala or chatterbox.

Any thoughts from the crowd, on either the problem I currently have with phone calls, or a replacement system?

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 11th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Re: Can answer phone calls, but the caller cannot hear me

Call me, it seems we have had a rash of this happening after people download a new map to the 550 and also new updates from garmin.

The 550 then does not recognize the autocom dongle. version 2.0 new update version 2.11 it should still work together but does not...................

.other issues that cause this problem,

the zumo and the autocom are not powered on and off at the same time, which does not allow one of the bluetooth devices to look for the other

the autocom dongle got paired somehow to the cell phone-----results in symptoms you are having.

the autocom dongle is paired to the zumo as a phone instead of as a headset......

the autocom dongle has gone bad

Call me if you need further assistance.....Kieth 918-446-2245
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 12th, 2010, 12:46 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas Keith. I'm pretty certain the phone isn't bound to the dongle. I do see the Zumo recognizing the phone. Maybe rebinding the dongle with the Zumo will fix it. I never thought that a zumo upgrade might have caused this. It happened a long time ago, and due to working away from home, I haven't been riding the bike, so I never dug into it when it happened.

If the dongle itself is bad, I'm disappointed. That didn't last long; but it's too early to make that determination.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 11:10 am Thread Starter

After upgrading the Zumo sw, I rebound the BT dongle to the zumo, and I can now answer calls.

Thanks Kieth.

- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in