I have read a million posts regarding the lt intercoms, and yet I can't figure out ?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:54 pm Thread Starter

I have read a million posts regarding the lt intercoms, and yet I can't figure out ??

I have read a million posts regarding the lt intercoms, and yet I can't figure out what they are. I am looking at a 2002 K1200lt elite, it should have a "intercom" but how does that work. I have a garmin 2730, valentine one, on my GS and a GMRS radio as well. can these items be used with the BMW's intercom, or will I need to use my Autocom? Or better yet can I integrate them?

I would not post this, but I am sure to get a KLT soon. I am currently working on a trade for my GS

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:59 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Yes you can integrate the gadgets to the BMW CommSystem (that should be the one on the Elite). You just need to plug in the items to the appropriate connectors or audio jacks.

You will need the BMW or J&M headsets to be able to use the intercom.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Feb 15th, 2006 at 12:16 am.
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:00 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Yes you can integrate the gadgets to the BMW CommSystem (that should be the one on the Elite). You just need to plug in the items to the approprioate connectors or audio jacks.

You will need the BMW or J&M headsets to be able to use the intercom.
of what little I have used this site, your name is highly regarded. Thank you very much!
post #4 of 7 Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:14 am
Senior Member (ret.)

post #5 of 7 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 5:16 pm

I to am new into the LT world, I can not figure out if I need to purchase additional equipment to run my cell phone or not. Between work,1.5 to 2 hour commute (each way) and kids have taken 99% of my research time. I guess I am looking for the simple path to get my 2002 LTE in touch while I am commuting - will make my wife/work very happy. I will then attempt getting it set up to talk with the side car and passenger, threeway. If you could give some direction or know of threads so I could narrow it down significatly I would appreciate it.

Swamprat

06 KLT
02 LTC w/hannigan - sold
98 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500E - sold and my butt still hurts
86 Yamaha 1100 Virago (what a machine) - sold
80Yamaha 650 Maxim (from cradle to grave 72K)
75 Suzuki 400
75 Bultaco 250 MX
post #6 of 7 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprat
I to am new into the LT world, I can not figure out if I need to purchase additional equipment to run my cell phone or not. Between work,1.5 to 2 hour commute (each way) and kids have taken 99% of my research time. I guess I am looking for the simple path to get my 2002 LTE in touch while I am commuting - will make my wife/work very happy. I will then attempt getting it set up to talk with the side car and passenger, threeway. If you could give some direction or know of threads so I could narrow it down significatly I would appreciate it.

On the 2002 LTE (the same bike I have), it's only a matter of a short (or long) cable din to din, 2.5mm that your dealer would be happy to sell to you for about $30.

You can get the short cable and place your sell phone on your tank bag or inside the odds. The inconvenience is that it will work perfect for receiving calls, but if you need to make it, you have to push the 'voice' button and then speak the number you whant to dial.
Or you can get the long cable and place it anywere easy for the wife to dial for you.
Then, if you both have the helmets connected to the already existent COMM system (the one who should have be in your LTE), you both will be able to talk at the same time (that would be difficult for the third part to ear, but you can ).
I receive phone calls on my bike very ofthen and the voice is clear and loud.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, just read the threads on Blue Tooth, cool stuff.

Swamprat

06 KLT
02 LTC w/hannigan - sold
98 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500E - sold and my butt still hurts
86 Yamaha 1100 Virago (what a machine) - sold
80Yamaha 650 Maxim (from cradle to grave 72K)
75 Suzuki 400
75 Bultaco 250 MX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in