cardo scala rider teamset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 9th, 2010, 12:07 am Thread Starter

cardo scala rider teamset

does any one have any input / experience with this product? cardo scala rider teamset.

I just paid the old girl off and wanting to buy a few things to go along with the new helmets and jackets I ordered

Tom & Berta
<\\\><

THE EARLY BIRD MAY GET THE WORM
BUT ITS THE SECOND MOUSE THAT
GETS THE CHEEZE FROM THE TRAP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 9th, 2010, 1:56 am

Re: cardo scala rider teamset

Go to the intercom forum and do a search on cardo scala. There is a lot out there in the form of personal reviews tips etc.

I bought the Q2 multiset out of desperation on my first long trip and it has proven to be worth every penny.

I modified my set and did a write up for the forum. I pitched the speakers which work fine if you can figure out a way to keep them pressed against your ears as you ride but I got tired of trying to figure out how to do it as well as the constant pressure against my ears. I cut the speaker wires off, and replaced them with a stereo plug from Rodeo Shack. I molded a pair of earbuds from Fuze ear that I plug into the jack, the MP3 player plugs into the base of the Q2 helmet thingey and life is good. Very very very good. I listen to my IPOD at the same volume level I listen to it sitting at home. NO WIND NOISE!!! NONE, ZIP!. The bluetooth interface with my BlackBerry is flawless. 65 mph down the highway and the person on the other end will swear you are stationary, sitting in your living room. The noise reduction must be nearly world class. It certainly surprised me.

Battery life is also very good. On a 500 mile ride I will plug the headsets into a 12V DC to 110 V AC 300 watt converter at stops more than 15 minutes and they never wear down. Believe me I yak with my pillion passenger a lot when I ride.

Excellent value.

BTW I rode the Oregon 500 today for the first time 1 up. I was the 15th entry out of the gate and was the 5th rider to reach the 1st checkpoint, 4th to reach the 2nd checkpoint, and 3rd to reach the 3rd checkpoint. I finished 3rd overall for time. I had to stop on I5 because my little ice chest was trying to blow off the back seat so I had to pull over and was passed by 2 bikes. I rode the speed limits which over long stretches was only 45 mph because of logging truck traffic, they try to slow the big pigs down and LEO was on every stretch of the ride.

I attribute the low elapsed time to the following:

1.) I packed 1 sandwich and 3 bottles of Gatorade. I ate the sandwich 1/2 at a time at the 1st and 3rd checkpoints and kept the Gatorade flowing. This was a huge advantage and I felt better than stopping for a big fat eggy, bacony, sausagy, pancakey breakfast extravaganza. This is a minor modification of the "plenty of fluids, power bars" concept advised on this web. I hate those goofey power bars. Way too..... healthy? Sammies taste good!

2.) The long range legs of the LT. I stopped once on the trip for fuel. I ran it close to empty safely as there were plenty of options for fuel and it saved me a stop.

3.) Riding 1 up is faster. Not saying more fun, just faster.

4.) Lat but without question not least my Q2. I listened to about an hour and a half of music, then switched to my favorite audio book. Listened to it for the rest of the ride. My Gatorade in the official BMW cup holder, the audio book on nice and quiet, the GPS searching for that next turn ( thanks a billion Dan D!!!, the engine humming, gorgeous coastal scenery. Best ride ever!

BTW, found the ultimate insulated cup for the cup holder. Starbucks, insulated hard plastic and looks like their flimsy cold drink cups only insulated and permanent construction. Captive straw, clear so you can see fluid level, very nice. $12.95

Loren

PS I need one of them air conditioned Kontour seats! My bead doo hickey worked well but a La Z Boy for a seat would be just the ticket. Ron? You out there?

WAK1200LT
Loren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #3 of 5 Old May 9th, 2010, 11:20 am

Garage

Please repeat after me- The search feature is my friend! The search feature is my friend!

Just teasing a noob!

Here is a link to the thread here and over on the Adventure Rider forum.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #4 of 5 Old May 9th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Garage

I bought the team set first and it did'nt work well. I upgraded to the Q2 and love it. Don't waste the time on the Teamset, just by the Q2 and enjoy.

The cell phone is crystal clear... Your boss won't even know you are playing hooky! Wish I could wear it on the golf course.

H. Keith Murray

Troy, Michigan 48085
IBA #48803
MOA #218870
TCD #

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure - White (Thumper)
SOLD - 2014 BMW R1200RT - Quartz Blue (RockeT)
SOLD - 2007 Honda GL1800 ABS/Nav - Platinum (RV)
SOLD - 2014 Yamaha FZ09 - Volunteer Orange (Vol)
SOLD - 2002 K1200LT - Pacific Blue (Slick)
SOLD - 2005 HD Road King Classic - Chopper Blue & Sunglo Blue (Boss)
SOLD - 2001 Kawasaki Concours - Sonic Blue (Conc)
SOLD - 2001 Kawasaki ZXR1200R - Team Green (Zip)
post #5 of 5 Old May 9th, 2010, 7:29 pm

I have the Q2, it works very well. I have it mated up to my back seater and to a buddy who I ride with alot. I havenot been disappointed. They now have a set for up to 4 peaple at a time. Wisgh it was available when I got the Q2
good luck, Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in