Integrate Zumo or not - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old May 4th, 2010, 12:34 pm Thread Starter

Integrate Zumo or not

Didn't know how to quite title this - what I am looking for is advice on this quandry: I have a new to me 2006 LT - trying to decide what to do with my Zumo and the BMW communications system. To ride the bike home from Florida where I bought it I put the Zumo on the BMW mount and used a headset hooked directly into the Zumo - it was not very good, I could hear the gps fine but the blue tooth to my phone was terrible could barely hear it at very slow speeds - the microphone worked well, I could call my traveling companions and tell them I needed to stop, just couldn't hold a conversation. Anyway, I am considering all the options that may be available to use the Zumo with the bike's system or set up an all new communications system based on a bluetooth headset linked to the Zumo and forget the BMW system or something else??? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Re: Integrate Zumo or not

I don't have a Zumo but I am struggling with the 06 comm system. I was hoping for IMC to come out with there bluetooth connection but it looks like that isn't going to happen.
So recently a new Blue tooth head set was released on the market with great reviews on Webbike.

Its called SENA SMH10, they are only available on eBay. I got a dual set for $271.99us (promotion price) an it certainly beats J&M headset prices. Won't have them for a couple of weeks (snail mail, customs ).

Just info for you. I'm sure there are others.

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old May 4th, 2010, 7:09 pm

I use the J&M Bluetooth headset with their stereo integration system and CB. It works flawlessly with my Blackberry and my Zumo 550. Plus their service is outstanding ask for Brian.
Good luck with your choice.

post #4 of 6 Old May 4th, 2010, 11:25 pm

I previously ran a Street Pilot 2610 then a 2720 on my LT. I switched to a Zumo from my GT last year and it works great. I like the bigger screen and it takes up less room than the 2720. I had to cut the connector cord to wire the unit and it only sends out mono, but as I use an iPod for my music, that is not a problem.

Hanshi
Reading, PA
Current Bikes:
2007 BMW K1200LT (Black)
2008 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic (red)
HF Tag-Along Trailer
Past Bikes:
2004 BMW K1200GT (Grey-Green)
2004 Suzuki Intruder (Black)
post #5 of 6 Old May 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm

You could use a autocom tie in into the bmw radio system and then integrate the zumo with the autocom and their headsets......
post #6 of 6 Old May 5th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighopper
So recently a new Blue tooth head set was released on the market with great reviews on Webbike.

Its called SENA SMH10, they are only available on eBay. I got a dual set for $271.99us (promotion price) an it certainly beats J&M headset prices. Won't have them for a couple of weeks (snail mail, customs )..
Thanks for the lead...

After some searching on the web I found nothing but great reviews. Ordered a dual set from www.mrhit.com for $269.00 and no shipping charges. But tax in Texas.

After messing for years with cables and flimsy microphones this should be great. If anyone has used this set-up with a Zumo 550 (BMW version) and an I phone that is used for music as well, I would love to hear from you.

PS: How do you pipe the radio into a set up like this?

Thanks!

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

Last edited by Wolfgang; May 5th, 2010 at 6:45 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in