Anyone use a CB Radio with the Baehr? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 11th, 2010, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

Anyone use a CB Radio with the Baehr?

If so, I'd love to know how you hooked it up and what CB you used. I have the Baehr K1200LT and love it. I have my MP# and GPS wired in with no problem. Really confused about a CB radio though. I've looked at a few handheld midlands and Cobras to put on it, but I'm not sure if they will cooperate with the Baehr.
What radio, cables, and PTT switches did you use?
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:32 am

Re: Anyone use a CB Radio with the Baehr?

Have the set up your questioning ... been a few years ago when Raffy was our local Nor-Cal baehr dealer. Look him up and see if he may still have some inventory ?

My "00" LT has both a GMRS/FRS radio and CB installed with 99.9% of the use on the gmrs/frs radio. CB's just are so limited with all the chatter and noise you have too squelsh out

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

post #3 of 11 Old Apr 12th, 2010, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Have the set up your questioning ... been a few years ago when Raffy was our local Nor-Cal baehr dealer. Look him up and see if he may still have some inventory ?

My "00" LT has both a GMRS/FRS radio and CB installed with 99.9% of the use on the gmrs/frs radio. CB's just are so limited with all the chatter and noise you have too squelsh out
Just to confirm, then: you have the Baehr intercom with that FRS/GMRS setup? That's what I'm looking to do. Would love to know the specifics of how you got it to work, what brand of radio, how mounted, PTT (very important, IMO), etc.

Details, please. Thanks!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 12:11 am

Yup, The Baehr LT specific comm system.
It is a rider/pillion 2 way, has 4 external devise inputs.

I have Radar on 1, GPS voice on 2, MP3/or cell phone on 3, GMRS/FRS with a homemade selector switch allowing alternating PTT function on 4 ( So am operating 5 external devises in reality)

GMRS/FRS is the ICOM unit Raffy was selling, CB the midland handheld with the external power battery pack attachment.

All the connection cables, PTT switch and harness's hooking it all up were plug & play OEM Baehr pieces.

Without Raffy's web site that showed ALL the cable/plug application info, really can't offer any more help at that point ... can I ?

Regards,
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Com connector.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	26941   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTT button 001.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	26942   Click image for larger version

Name:	GMRS radio mt. 001.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	26943   Click image for larger version

Name:	276 console mount 001.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	26945  

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #5 of 11 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 6:36 am

Thanks, Scott. With the exception of the radar unit, that is the same setup I have, including the Icom. I guess I just need to figure out how to make the Icom work.

I saw your Icom mount - or one just like it - 3-4 years ago on this site.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #6 of 11 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

guys if you need Baehr parts:

www.challengermotors.co.nz Tony was one of the original Baehr suppliers. Shipping can be expensive but he has most cables etc. in stock or can get them. Other option is to contact Baehr in Germany for direct sales.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

Last edited by RaffyK; Apr 13th, 2010 at 5:55 pm.
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Thanks, Scott. With the exception of the radar unit, that is the same setup I have, including the Icom. I guess I just need to figure out how to make the Icom work.

I saw your Icom mount - or one just like it - 3-4 years ago on this site.
Likely mount you saw was mine, been in that position @ 5 years now and had shared the install way back when

The harness's required for the Icom or a CB will be the PTT switch harness, also the dual pin plug that go's into side of the ICOM radio.
Those two pieces should get you going. I will try and get into my original box where I kept ALL the info and packages the pieces came in, If I can make out whats what and give some part numbers will do so ASAP.

Scott

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #8 of 11 Old Sep 16th, 2010, 9:18 am Thread Starter

I got it! It took a while, but I finally made the two match up perfectly. When I contacted Baher they told me they had no experience with this radio and offered $300+ worth of suggestions in their cables that may work. I built a cable that works great. The transmit and receive are crystal clear. If anyone needs help, let me know; I'll gladly save you the suffering! LOL!
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 9:22 pm

What CB did you end up using? I have the Midland and the Baehr 1200 also, but haven't been able to get them to work. Thanks for any help.
Ken

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

post #10 of 11 Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 9:30 pm Thread Starter

Hello Ken, I used the Midland 75-822 radio and made my own cable. I had a hard time getting it to work but now folks I ride with tell me it sounds better than most! I love it integrated into the Baehr.
Jeff
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Raffy, I guess it is safe to say that you don't have any inventory left then?

Cheers,

Glenn
Virginia Beach VA and Washington DC

2006 K1200LT "Phoenix Helena": Dark Graphite (#946)
2005 K1200LT "Dolly": Dark Graphite (#946) - Totaled July 2011
2002 K1200LT "Helga"-totaled Apr 2009
Iron Butt Membership # 45813

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in