VOICE II CB part numbers - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Mar 31st, 2010, 10:03 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

VOICE II CB part numbers

I have been trying to determine what all is needed to add a CB to my 2007 LT with the VOICE II intercom system. So far, my searches appear to indicate that the following are needed. However, I am not completely sure on the PTT as I saw a reference that it included both rider and passenger, but I have seen other numbers for the PTT so I am not sure. Also, I thought I read somewhere that a "Y cable" is needed to interconnect the rider and passenger PTT, but I haven't seen that listed separately anywhere and don't know if that comes with the PTT listed below. Can anyone tell me with certainty all of the parts and part numbers required to add a CB with front and rear PTT to my 07 LT?

71 60 0 441 937 - Handlebar mounted CB radio

65 21 2 337 380 - Right side CB antenna

82 00 0 419 352 - PTT (both rider and passenger?)

Any other cables required?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Voyager; Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:06 pm. Reason: Remove font change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2010, 3:48 pm

Re: VOICE II CB part numbers

I just came out the dealer shop who installed my CB.

The invoice shows:
65 21 2 337 380 Antenna Z5K000 ($188.42)
71-60-0-441-937 CB Communicator: W10020 ($427.93)
+ $274.75 for the manhours

They gave me the instruction boolet, that book says that only the antenna is required (I supposed that the antenna comes with its support because I did not pay for it)

Now the game is to use that CB radio with the GPS plugged on and a CD playing and a passenger who wants to discuss...

Oops, I forgot the PTT. There is only one PTT button for the driver, it does not looks like the one I saw on the catalog but it comes with the CB...
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 1st, 2010, 7:11 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry
I just came out the dealer shop who installed my CB.

The invoice shows:
65 21 2 337 380 Antenna Z5K000 ($188.42)
71-60-0-441-937 CB Communicator: W10020 ($427.93)
+ $274.75 for the manhours

They gave me the instruction boolet, that book says that only the antenna is required (I supposed that the antenna comes with its support because I did not pay for it)

Now the game is to use that CB radio with the GPS plugged on and a CD playing and a passenger who wants to discuss...

Oops, I forgot the PTT. There is only one PTT button for the driver, it does not looks like the one I saw on the catalog but it comes with the CB...
Thanks. Is the PTT mouted under the left handgrip as shown in the brochure? Can you describe how it differs from that shown in the catalog?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 10:13 am

Yes the button is under the left handle, a little bit too close to the turn signal button, dependiong on your finger size probably, and on the gloves too.

It is a half sperical button, in fact the button is covered by a plastic (?) half sphere

On the catalog, the PTT i saw was closer too the turn signal button aspect but this one is not.

After one week on the bike with it, I can ensure that it is comfortable to use.

Additional info, even if the passenger does not have the PTT, he can speak through the mic too (when the driver push on the PTT of course)
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:34 am

Garage

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 14th, 2010, 9:06 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierry
Yes the button is under the left handle, a little bit too close to the turn signal button, dependiong on your finger size probably, and on the gloves too.

It is a half sperical button, in fact the button is covered by a plastic (?) half sphere

On the catalog, the PTT i saw was closer too the turn signal button aspect but this one is not.

After one week on the bike with it, I can ensure that it is comfortable to use.

Additional info, even if the passenger does not have the PTT, he can speak through the mic too (when the driver push on the PTT of course)
Thanks. I called Chicago BMW and the man I spoke with seemed fairly knowledgeable about the BMW system. He said the CB comes with the driver PTT, but none for the passenger even though some BMW literature suggests that it comes with both. He said that the PTT "kit" comes with both a driver AND passenger PTT. The "kit" was only $60 (I must be completely assimilated now by BMW when I think that a $60 switch is reasonable!!) so I figured having an extra PTT as a spare wasn't such a bad deal.

He said it will take 3 weeks or so to arrive as he has to order it from BMW so I have another 2 weeks or so to wait.

I am not surprised that the passenger can talk when the driver presses the PTT as I believe the passenger PTT is simply paralleled with the driver PTT so that either one has the same affect from the intercoms perspective.

Another question for you: does PTT intercom VOX in order to transmit on the CB? I have found the VOX to be troublesome as I like to ride occasionally with my face shield open and if I set the sensitivity for my face shield closed, then it activates often from the wind when I have the shield open. I would like to be able to use the PTT for intercom activation instead of the VOX if that is possible.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in