Scala Rider G4 POWERSET - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

Scala Rider G4 POWERSET

Found them for $379.99 at:
http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/.../tr21-0094.htm
Anyone found them cheaper anywhere else?
Thanks!

If man built it, collectively we can figure out how to fix it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 4:58 pm

Garage
Re: Scala Rider G4 POWERSET

That looks like a good price. I have owned the Q2 Multiset for about a year and Iove it. The G4 adds some nice features and looks really good. Now with stereo connectivity and rider passenger conference calling to/from cellphone. How cool is that.

I use my Q2 pretty much every day and it works great. I hate when I forget to charge it and it dies during my ride. Hard to be without it. The noise reduction is incredible. Everyone I talk to on the phone tells me it sounds like I am in my office.

If you get the G4 let us know how you like it.

< - - - Norm Ruest - - - >

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
South Florida
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 K1200 LTC Canyon Red
MOA# 145086

“Its unexplained, because they haven’t explained it. Maybe they could explain it, but they've tried and they can't, because it's unexplainable.” - Ruest
post #3 of 36 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 5:03 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I have also thought of adding a regular automotive lighter outlet inside the right side bag to charge these units just incase. I am pretty sure I am going order the G4 set soon. You might wan to check this out.

http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Ligh.../dp/B000CC6I5W

If man built it, collectively we can figure out how to fix it!

post #4 of 36 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 6:34 pm

Garage

Revzilla.com will sell it to you for $369.99 if you mention this thread on Advrider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=549712&page=4 .

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #5 of 36 Old Mar 12th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Any one have a review on it yet?
post #6 of 36 Old Mar 17th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Garage

Came out today-

WebbikeWorld

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #7 of 36 Old Mar 19th, 2010, 12:56 pm
dc1

Angry Re: Scala Rider G4 POWERSET

hi , Thought i have to give my 2 cents worth. Before I really knock the product I deleted my response to you guys to see what scala co says or if there is an upgrade onits way.
Ie. Read between the lines and wait or check it out before buying.
Will post my complete review shortly
post #8 of 36 Old Mar 19th, 2010, 4:42 pm

While I like the idea of no wires, BT units attached to helmets just doesn't cover all your needs when traveling with more than one or two other bikes. To cover that you need either CB nadn/or GMRS/FRS radios. When they get a good BT unit that goes under the seat and will connect to BT helmets and wired to CBs and/or GMRS/FRS radios, I'll be ready to make the switch.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #9 of 36 Old Mar 20th, 2010, 7:58 am

Garage

As some of you know, I've been drolling of the new Mutlitrada and the GS Low for sometime now. I sold my Baehr intercom off of the LT in preparation for the eventual switch. With the oney burning a hole in my pocket, I bought the Scala system this week. Be honest, got mine on Friday and was a cinch to install. Synched with a Palm Centro and Zumo 550 real easy. Plugged in my Ipod Touch and had great sound out of the speakers.

Still trying to get the FM radio to work with my Sirius. Changing stations is hard to do with out a display. According to the manual, the headset is supposed to pick up the station with the strongest signal. I thought the FM transmitter in the Sirius two feet away would qualify but I haven't had any luck yet.

Rode around for about an hour last night- no problem. Let's see what happens this afternoon.

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #10 of 36 Old Mar 20th, 2010, 11:54 am

I bought the Q2 and was so unhappy with it, I brought it back to the store. The two reasons I was unhappy were the sound quality was poor, but I understand with the Q4 it is much improved with the stereo so I am willing to re-consider on that point. The second reason I was unhappy with it, was the placement of the module on my helmet. In order for the mic to be placed correctly, the module was at the point on my helmet where I grab and use for leverage in putting and taking off my helmet. Maybe I did not give it enough time, or develop a work around. So I ask those of you who have these units, did you have the same issue with helmet placement and removal and how did you work around it? For reference, I have the HJC Symax 2. Also, any one have any experience with Camos to offer a comparison? I would be appreciative of any input, as I really like the idea of these units. As a side note, I owned a Baehr a few years ago which I really loved in every respect. I mentioned that to the salesman/owner of the store where I bought it and he said having owned a Baehr, I probably would not be happy with the Scala. He said while the Scala is a very good unit, the Baehr is infinitely better. Any thoughts?

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #11 of 36 Old Mar 21st, 2010, 12:49 am

Gizmo, I have the Q2 multiset installed on 2 Symax II modular helmets. Everything was awesome when I first installed it EXCEPT for the MP3 use. I finally cut off the speakers and pitched the tinny little btards and in their place installed a 1/8" stereo speaker jack to which I plug in molded earphones. The combination of the molded earphones and the jack have made all the difference in the world. I can listen to my IPOD at the same volume I listen to it at home with perfect clarity. I was listening to a song the other day going 65 mph and could hear the flautist draw his breath. Very nice.

The best part of this mod is that you can plug ANY set of earbuds into the helmet for casual riding partners. If I have a passenger who is going to spend the day with me I carry a spare mold your own earphone kit in the trunk. They are EarFuze brand and take less than 30 minutes to mold a custom set of earphones.

As far as mounting to the SII I was able to install the mic using the removable system and place the mic in the proper position for conversation. I haven't had to make any changes since I first placed the mounting unit on my helmet. There is apparently a longer mic boom which I must have that allows use with modular helmets. The chin bar does need to be in the lowered position to remove/install the little ovoid shaped control unit.

I posted a how to article in this forum about a month or so ago.

As far as the Baehr unit being infinitely better I can't definitively offer an opinion as I have not tried the Baehr. It had better be pretty damned good if it is infinitely better than the Q2. I don't know how I could be much happier than with what I currently have.

Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1137
I bought the Q2 and was so unhappy with it, I brought it back to the store. The two reasons I was unhappy were the sound quality was poor, but I understand with the Q4 it is much improved with the stereo so I am willing to re-consider on that point. The second reason I was unhappy with it, was the placement of the module on my helmet. In order for the mic to be placed correctly, the module was at the point on my helmet where I grab and use for leverage in putting and taking off my helmet. Maybe I did not give it enough time, or develop a work around. So I ask those of you who have these units, did you have the same issue with helmet placement and removal and how did you work around it? For reference, I have the HJC Symax 2. Also, any one have any experience with Camos to offer a comparison? I would be appreciative of any input, as I really like the idea of these units. As a side note, I owned a Baehr a few years ago which I really loved in every respect. I mentioned that to the salesman/owner of the store where I bought it and he said having owned a Baehr, I probably would not be happy with the Scala. He said while the Scala is a very good unit, the Baehr is infinitely better. Any thoughts?

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #12 of 36 Old Mar 21st, 2010, 10:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa1200lt
Gizmo, I have the Q2 multiset installed on 2 Symax II modular helmets. Everything was awesome when I first installed it EXCEPT for the MP3 use. I finally cut off the speakers and pitched the tinny little btards and in their place installed a 1/8" stereo speaker jack to which I plug in molded earphones. The combination of the molded earphones and the jack have made all the difference in the world. I can listen to my IPOD at the same volume I listen to it at home with perfect clarity. I was listening to a song the other day going 65 mph and could hear the flautist draw his breath. Very nice.

The best part of this mod is that you can plug ANY set of earbuds into the helmet for casual riding partners. If I have a passenger who is going to spend the day with me I carry a spare mold your own earphone kit in the trunk. They are EarFuze brand and take less than 30 minutes to mold a custom set of earphones.

As far as mounting to the SII I was able to install the mic using the removable system and place the mic in the proper position for conversation. I haven't had to make any changes since I first placed the mounting unit on my helmet. There is apparently a longer mic boom which I must have that allows use with modular helmets. The chin bar does need to be in the lowered position to remove/install the little ovoid shaped control unit.

I posted a how to article in this forum about a month or so ago.

As far as the Baehr unit being infinitely better I can't definitively offer an opinion as I have not tried the Baehr. It had better be pretty damned good if it is infinitely better than the Q2. I don't know how I could be much happier than with what I currently have.

Loren
Thanks Loren, since the Q4 is in stereo I may give it another try and see if I cannot come to terms with the mounting/putting and taking off helmet issue I had. I really want to like such a system because of no cables and a savings of about a grand over the Baehr. I still am interested to hear if anyone has any knowledge and/or experience with the Camos for comparison purposes.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #13 of 36 Old Mar 21st, 2010, 7:31 pm

Garage

Day two- paired it with the second unit no problem. Intercom works very well! Heard my wife a very clearly and the volume was fine. You could say it worked a little too well.

Paired it with my cellphone and was able take and receive calls. Again no problem. Since I don't have voice dialing on my phone, I guess I won't be making any calls while riding. Thank goodness for small miracles.

Tried to connect to my zumo today and I couldn't get the bluetooth on the Zumo to connect. Yesterday, no problem but today no dice. I will keep trying.

The G4 includes a coil wire that plugs into an MP3 or (in my case) a satellite radio. Sound was fine but I agree- a little on the tinny side. I would like some more bass.

FM tuner sucks!!!!!!!!!! Even in the middle of the largest media market of the US, I could not get a single station.

Do I miss my old Baehr unit- still unknown. If I can't get the GPS to work then yes. If the GPS works with this system, then at this point, I would have to say no.

I paid $480 for the system I have (wish I could have gotten it for the Revzilla's $369 deal). $480- a disappointment. $369- a solid deal.

Again, subject to change.

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #14 of 36 Old Mar 29th, 2010, 5:27 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
While I like the idea of no wires, BT units attached to helmets just doesn't cover all your needs when traveling with more than one or two other bikes. To cover that you need either CB nadn/or GMRS/FRS radios. When they get a good BT unit that goes under the seat and will connect to BT helmets and wired to CBs and/or GMRS/FRS radios, I'll be ready to make the switch.
This system seems to address your needs: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ooth-intercom/

FWIW, I went with the Interphone F4 which compares well with the G4. I couldn't be happier.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #15 of 36 Old Apr 4th, 2010, 12:38 pm

You asked for it ... YOU GOT IT! BlueBike!

Quote:
Letting your yahs be yahs, and all . . .

HERE YA GO STEVE!!! (Click on the "BlueCenter" link on the left side of that webpage.) Please order immediately, and then post your review so I know if I should purchase it or not.

No offense, Steve ... but based on your buying habits, I'm guessing you're a bit too "frugal" to be paying for the latest & greatest technology out there. It ain't cheap.

UPDATE: To confuse matters, I found another unit called the "BikerCom "! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. $749 ... but the review is good (FWIW), and it does EVERYthing!

Last edited by messenger13_ver2; Apr 4th, 2010 at 3:25 pm. Reason: Added BikerCom info
post #16 of 36 Old Apr 4th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Re: You asked for it ... YOU GOT IT! BlueBike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
No offense, Steve ... but based on your buying habits, I'm guessing you're a bit too "frugal" to be paying for the latest & greatest technology out there. It ain't cheap.

UPDATE: To confuse matters, I found another unit called the "BikerCom "! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. $749 ... but the review is good (FWIW), and it does EVERYthing!
Well, Joe, you didn't waste the chance to revert to Messenger13 the original did you! And there may be reasons that I am frugal but that is my choice and none of your business.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #17 of 36 Old Apr 5th, 2010, 12:48 am

I've never used one of these and have a few questions that may seem dumb but....

1. If you are listening to wireless music do both headsets (rider and passenger) hear the music?
2. Who controls the music selection, volume, etc.?
3. Can you manually switch off either headset from hearing the music but still use the intercom?
4. Will the rider to passenger intercom still work while the music is playing?

Thanks.
post #18 of 36 Old Apr 5th, 2010, 9:42 am

Garage

I can't speak for those who can stream music via bluetooth.

I currently listen via a patch cord to my MP3 player or Sat. radio (included with the kit). The second person cannot hear the music (unless you use a headset splitter) and must have their own music source. Each rider has their own volume control on each helmet.

When the intercom is activated, it will turn off the music so that the rider and passenger can talk. After a second or three of silence, the music will then be re-engaged.

I synched my helmet to the Zumo so I hear the directions but I don't know if my passenger can hear them too. Interesting question!

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

Last edited by RVB1019; Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:47 am.
post #19 of 36 Old Apr 5th, 2010, 9:45 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
If I can't get the GPS to work then yes. If the GPS works with this system, then at this point, I would have to say no.
UPDATE- got the Zumo to work with the helmet in like three seconds. I had the Zumo in the cradle, synched it by turning on the search feature in the helmet and DONE!

Works great! I'm liking the system better and better each day!

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #20 of 36 Old Apr 5th, 2010, 9:54 am

Re: You asked for it ... YOU GOT IT! BlueBike!

Quote:
When they get a good BT unit that goes under the seat and will connect to BT helmets and wired to CBs and/or GMRS/FRS radios, I'll be ready to make the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
No offense, Steve ... but based on your buying habits, I'm guessing you're a bit too "frugal" to be paying for the latest & greatest technology out there. It ain't cheap.!

Quote:
Well, Joe, you didn't waste the chance to revert to Messenger13 the original did you! And there may be reasons that I am frugal but that is my choice and none of your business.
Steve, you act like "frugal" is a bad word. Last I checked, it is not. (def. practising economy; living without waste; thrifty)

My point was not to tick you off, but to show you and the rest of the forum interested in these technologies that there ARE units currently available out there that do exactly what you requested. Albeit, at a price that some may find hard to swallow. I try [I]to frugal, it just doesn't work as well for me.

BlueBike
BikerCom
post #21 of 36 Old Apr 5th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdvr
I've never used one of these and have a few questions that may seem dumb but....

1. If you are listening to wireless music do both headsets (rider and passenger) hear the music?
2. Who controls the music selection, volume, etc.?
3. Can you manually switch off either headset from hearing the music but still use the intercom?
4. Will the rider to passenger intercom still work while the music is playing?

Thanks.
Called Cardo and here is what they said:

1. NO, only one headset can connect to one source.

2. See 1.

3. N/A see 1.

4. N/A see 1.

Basically, the only thing the passenger headset can do is talk to primary rider and can be conferenced in on a cell call originating from the primary riders connection.
post #22 of 36 Old Apr 9th, 2010, 5:20 am

Do they make a car charger for the G4 model?
I have a cigarette lighter adapter on my K12GT I'd like to be able to use if neccessary.

I just bought mine after using an Autocom unit for the last two years. I'm liking the wireless bit but, looks as tho I'm needing to upgrade GPS, MP3, XM Radio, & maybe hardwire the radar detector.

Bruce
post #23 of 36 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Garage

UPDATE:

After a full week of testing at STC, I'm happy to report the system works as advertised!

After talking with a bunch of other Scala owners, I was able to get the FM transmitter working with my Sirius Radio. It took some doing but you can find a clear signal. Once you activate the FM radio, you hold the Volume Up button for three seconds to move the stations up the dial. You do the same with the down button to move it down the dial.

The Zumo 550 gave me directions via bluetooth perfectly. My ride home was over 16 hours and I had the directions through the blue tooth for 12 hours- not bad! The FM radio worked for up to 14 hours before losing signal.

I reconfigured the set up with my cell phone. I paired the cell phone with the zumo and then the zumo to the Scala. I was able to make and receive calls through the touch screen of the Zumo without any problems. In fact, my wife and friends report that the calls were surprisingly clear! Even at 80 MPH, no problems with the clarity

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #24 of 36 Old Apr 29th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Just ordered my G4. One question is can I charge the headset while riding? I will be doing some Iron Butts and need the headset to work for 24+ hours straight on my ride. I know I am defeating the wireless mode, but this might need to happen.

Thanks
Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #25 of 36 Old Apr 29th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Garage

Bad news- No you're not able to wear the unit and charge it at the same time. You have take the unit off the helmet and lift the tiny cover on the back before plugging it in.

Good News- since you ordered the set, you actuall get two units. My unit lasted 16 hours on my ride home from STC. If you fully charge both units, then you will have more than enough juice for your IBR.

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #26 of 36 Old Apr 29th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Garage
Nit Pick # 622

My latest nit pick, the FM Transmitter.

At STC, I finally figured out how to tune the radio in the headset to the FM transmitter on my Satellite radio.

My latest complaint- there is a slight faint tapping sound that comes out on the FM band. It is a very stead beat but it is sooooo anoying.

Here's something intresting, if I move my hand close to the unit on my helmet, the tapping goes away. I don't even have to touch the unit, just the helmet near it and viola problem solved.

Can someone with expereince with radio waves explain this and offer a possible solution?

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #27 of 36 Old Apr 29th, 2010, 9:50 pm

Ride one-handed? You'd only have to endure the tapping sound for the few moments it took to shift.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #28 of 36 Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 12:43 am

Hello all!

My riding buddies and I are looking at buying a set of 2 way radios and this unit is being considered along with the Interphone F4 but I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to reply if they know.

1) Will the navigation system on my phone work via BT with either of these systems?
2) I noticed the G4 advertises rider to passenger x 2 and bike2bike up to 3 riders......forgive my mathematical abilities but if it allows 2 sets of people on two bikes to communicate why not 4 riders?

TIA!
Frank

2005 K1200LT
post #29 of 36 Old Sep 24th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Garage

I just used my Evo with my Scala to ride from Fort Meyers to Orlando. It worked fine but I like riding with my GPS unit visible to me. Trusting a device to tell you when to turn is very nerve wracking. I was always afraid the unit shut off or the battery went dead. Riding follow my Zumo BT'd to my helmet is much better.

I synched with my wife on the bike but not to another rider or two.

Rob V.B.
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

post #30 of 36 Old Sep 25th, 2010, 6:26 pm

A little late but I bought the competitor the Sena SH100 set for 259.00 at www.mrhit.com

webbikeworld seemed to like it best of the 3 - Scala G4, BlueAnt F4, and Sena

10 R1200RT ostra grey (current)
09 Suzuki Vstrom650A (sold)
02 K1200LTC (sold)
92 R100R (sold, wish I still had it)
75 Yamaha DT250
70"s Kawasaki 100
post #31 of 36 Old Sep 26th, 2010, 9:28 pm

I just bought a pair of the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headsets for $269 on amazon.com. As you mentioned, webbikeworld.com's reviews rated the Sena SMH10 over the Interphone F4 and Cardo Scala G4. The most important feature for me in this scenario is the bike-to-bike communications performance, and according to the reviews the Sena is the winner here.

My riding buddy Steve and I will be receiving these in the next few days, installing them, and figuring them out; the goal is to have them up and running for the ride to and from SMFR in a few weeks.

We decided to go this route after a lot of hemming and hawwing. Getting Steve's Gold iIng FRS-equipped was going to be very expensive and a major unknown; going the CB route is very routine but was going to be even more expensive. So, we are each installing the Sena unit in a spare helmet. When we ride together, we will use that helmet; when I ride with my wife, we'll use the "other" helmet and the Baehr intercom. Obviously, this limits our communications to just the two of us but we don't do group rides or really have another reason to talk to other vehicles (cars or bikes) other than events like STC, SMFR, or CCR. Seems like a relatively inexpensive ($135/person) way for two guys to communicate on trips. The only downside? I have to use a stinky old helmet. Maybe a new liner will help...

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #32 of 36 Old Sep 27th, 2010, 5:19 pm

The only downside? I have to use a stinky old helmet. Maybe a new liner will help

Hey, you could wash it...or better yet, get a new helmet to go along with that new comm system.

10 R1200RT ostra grey (current)
09 Suzuki Vstrom650A (sold)
02 K1200LTC (sold)
92 R100R (sold, wish I still had it)
75 Yamaha DT250
70"s Kawasaki 100
post #33 of 36 Old Sep 27th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
... Hey, you could wash it...or better yet, get a new helmet to go along with that new comm system.
Yes, that is true. Or, buy a new liner.

I just bought a new helmet to go with the new J&M headset. This means I wear the old helmet with the new Bluetooth headset for riding with my friend.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #34 of 36 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 6:47 am

If your riding solo then the G4 really works well. I tried the G4 several months ago and found for 2 up riding to be somewhat limiting. I really hated that the both of us couldn't listen to our Zumo/XM40 at the same time. She had to have her own music source, but this is more due to the limitations of bluetooth as only one connection can be had at a time. IMO for two up riding until someone can get around the limitations of bluetooth and allow both rider and passenger to share all connections than this will be a major drawback. I ended up going with the Starcom Digital unit now we can share and hear the Zumo/XM40 and phone and still talk to each other.

Stephen

2006 R1200RT
2010 Unigo Trailer w/Dauntless Hitch
post #35 of 36 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 7:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdan451
......... Snip. I really hated that the both of us couldn't listen to our Zumo/XM40 at the same time. She had to have her own music source...... End snip

We have the older Q2 multiset and we both consider this to be one of the BEST features! Separate music sources. I would have to gouge my ears out if I had to listen to her music and I'm sure she feels the same way about mine. We both have extensive digital audio book collections and I can assure you she has no interest in world and US history!

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #36 of 36 Old Oct 19th, 2010, 4:08 am

Good Day

I have the G4 for 3 months now and am considering returning it to the Dealer for a refund.

I have paired the Zumo and Cellphone with it, but cannot get the intercom to work even after taking it to the dealer for assistance. Everytime I remove the unit from the helmet to charge I have to re-bend the connectors into position with attaching the unit. It does not fit correctly onto the Shark helmet.

I am at this stage researching for a decent unit that will do the following:

Rider: GPS + Cellphone + intercom. iPod (I am looking for a method to connect it via GPS or go the route of Cellphone thru GPS).
Passenger: Cellphone + intercom + MP3.

I have looked at the Sena System seems good, but will wait for replies from the forum to hear what is said about it.

I am not a great believer of having cords. Wireless or Bluetooth is tha way to go.

Castos

"Life is made to be enjoyed, so enjoy it"

'80 Suzuki G1000GS
'87 Honda CX500 Turbo
'06 BMW R1200RT Charcoal
'07 BMW K1200LT Night Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in