AUTOCOM Active-PLUS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 14th, 2010, 9:10 am Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

AUTOCOM Active-PLUS

The PO of my bike had the BMW Com system installed new in 2000.
Well over the last year or so it has started to fail. First the passenger could not speak to driver. Next the Vox stopped working , now I can hear the phone but can not talk to the caller. So the search was on for an after market replacement. After some research on different com systems I went with AUTOCOM . The solo kit has everything needed to get it hooked up for only $140.00 . Add an other head set plus I ordered 2 "coiled" leads. The total price was $251.00 and some change shipped to my door. I'll post a review of how easy the install is when I get the unit. Should be here next week. I'll also review how well it works later down the road.

Stevie Shreeve

Last edited by katnapinn; Jan 14th, 2010 at 9:34 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 14th, 2010, 11:52 am

Re: AUTOCOM Active-PLUS

Before you start hooking every thing up on the active plus, give me a call. The Active Plus has a few differences one needs to be careful about before installing. Kieth

918-446-2245 i.e. the active plus uses 4 pole 3.5mm inputs instead of 3 pole, if aux one is hot (12volt) one could fry some things without knowing it.
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 5:11 pm Thread Starter
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: AUTOCOM Active-PLUS

Well I got the Autocom unit in the other day much to my dismay the "Sales person" I spoke with on ordering this unit did not tell me I needed "Other" parts to make it do what I want it to do. Like hear the Music from the bike, hear my radar dectector, & hear my phone (I did get a Phone Cord with the kit But It did not work with my phone). Now I've spent 2 days hunting online & talking to 3 different people to get the part numbers I need to do every thing I want to do. My head was about to explode so I take a break & go to Lone Star BMW (our local dealer). I ask Robert if they still had any parts for Autocom ... Yes !!! but I would need to know what I need (by part number) as they have very old books to look into.To my pleasure they had EVERYTHING that I needed to finish the Job.

Kathy said she would E-mail a PDF file of all part numbers they have & I'll post it up here as soon as I get it. If your looking for Auotcom parts you'll need to have the part number your looking for then Call Kathy or Robert at Lone Star BMW Parts dept. (512) 451-7979 & see if they have it. They will give you a great price.

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in