No music from headset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 9:27 am Thread Starter

No music from headset

Hi, I just got a 2000 K1200LT with the BC1 intercom and a set of helmet headsets. I can get the intercom to work but no music in the headsets. When I plug the headset cords into the bike should the bike's external speakers go off? they are not.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 9:57 am

Re: No music from headset

On top of the Gas tank there are two rows of buttons on the 09 OI believe its the top row second button on the right controls the source have you tried that?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 11:19 am Thread Starter

I have the manuals for the radio and intercom and I find nothing written on the headset. I have tried the radio controls and also find nothing. I was told that when you plug a headset cord into the bike the music should come thru the headset speakers and the bikes speakers should turn off. I was trying to confirm that. I also understand that on the latter intercom box that there is a switch but I have the early BC1 system w/o a switch.

Thanks, Bob

post #4 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 11:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobivey
Hi, I just got a 2000 K1200LT with the BC1 intercom and a set of helmet headsets. I can get the intercom to work but no music in the headsets. When I plug the headset cords into the bike should the bike's external speakers go off? they are not.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Bob
I do remember that the BC1 did not allow you to turn off the outside speakers.....they worked along with the headset speakers. On my 2000 LTC....the dealer installed switches for me to turn the outside off. I am sorry, but I can not remember how or if you had to do anything to get the headset to work. I don't remember doing anything other than plugging it in to make it function.

There is one thing to look at. If the VOX sensitivity is set to where the intercom is active all the time, the music will not play. The voice activation turns the music off until 2.5 seconds after you stop talking.

HTH

Ron

747,891 miles on touring motorcycles since 1990

IBA 45658 MOA167437

2000 LTC 90,600 miles KIA (new)
2003 LTE 164,188 miles Silver (Purchased with 1687)
2008 R1200RT 176,196 miles (Purchased with 16458)
2017 R1200RT 96,669miles (new)
Total BMW miles 509,508
1982 GL1100 rode 84108 miles (bought with 12012 sold 96120)
1988 GL1500 rode 12067 miles (bought with 19893 totaled 31960)
1989 GL1500 rode 142208 miles (bought with 20302 sold 162510)
Goldwing miles 238,383
post #5 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 3:28 pm

Cool Re: No music from headset

Not sure on the BC-1 (long time ago!) but with the BC-3 BMW Comm System you won't get anything through the headpones in the ACC position. You need to turn the Ignition to the on position for them to function. Even if I have the headphones, or internal. selected for speaker position, I will still get the tunes through my speakers until I actually turn the ignition on all the way.

Not sure if this helps any, but good luck anyway.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #6 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellenbenz
I do remember that the BC1 did not allow you to turn off the outside speakers.....they worked along with the headset speakers. On my 2000 LTC....the dealer installed switches for me to turn the outside off. I am sorry, but I can not remember how or if you had to do anything to get the headset to work. I don't remember doing anything other than plugging it in to make it function.

There is one thing to look at. If the VOX sensitivity is set to where the intercom is active all the time, the music will not play. The voice activation turns the music off until 2.5 seconds after you stop talking.

HTH

Ron
Yep this is correct, the speakers play regardless of whether you have a headset plugged in and I also do not recall having to do anything other than plug the headsets in to make them work.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 25th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Dont know anything about the BC1, but I have the Autocom unit and I have to fade the music to the rear speakers and turn the switch to Autocom, only then do I get music to the headphones and no music to the external speakers.

May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows your dead
post #8 of 8 Old Nov 30th, 2009, 7:45 am Thread Starter

Thanks to all, I had the intercom sensitivity set to high. I did find that the ignition needs to be in the ON position and that the external speakers work regardless of having the headsets plugged in.

Thanks, Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in