Hooking up Cell Phone with 3.5mm Headset port to BC2 2.5mm comm. system - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 19th, 2009, 11:08 am Thread Starter

Hooking up Cell Phone with 3.5mm Headset port to BC2 2.5mm comm. system

Thought I'd post another thread to make it easier for someone to search for.

Per my other post, I was looking for a way to hook my new LG ENV TOUCH phone with a 3.5mm headset port, up to my BC2 (BMW branded J&M Comm System) on my 2003LT.

The plug that goes into the phone is a 3.5mm four conductor. The plug that goes into the comm system is a 2.5mm 3 conductor. Tried an adapter supplied by Verizon, but it was 4 conductor to 4 conductor. Wouldn't work.

Looked at J&M's site, sent an email to John Lazzeroni (Pres.). He replied that they had just developed a cord for the I-phone Blackberry that should work. Had it overnighted and it works! I can hear and be heard by the caller without any problems. Here is a link to the page on their site:

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....AC19-BCS&PF=40

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 19th, 2009, 11:15 am Thread Starter

Re: Hooking up Cell Phone with 3.5mm Headset port to BC2 2.5mm comm. system

Forgot to mention. The cord looks kind of big on the picture and even though its about 3' long, the cord is thin and fits easily in the oddments box. The plug on the phone end is a 4 conductor and the plug on the comm. syst. end is a 3 conductor. Guess they figured out the correct way to patch them together. All I know is that it works.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 20th, 2009, 7:52 am

Hey Carl, I saw that cable too. I've been looking at various solutions like the one from Apple, which is really a TTY adapter.
I figure, if I want my iPhone through the BC3 (not sure I do) I might as well go straight to the source the first time.
Enjoy your trip to CCR!

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 20th, 2009, 11:35 am

I had an earlier version of the ENV, bought the BMW adapter & it worked fine with VoiceII.

My new LG Dare won't work with the BMW adapter cord, wrong size jack on phone. Bought a converter at Verizon, but that doesn't work. Can her calls coming in, but mic doesn't pick up my voice.

Kevin
'06 K1200LT
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 20th, 2009, 1:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnata
I had an earlier version of the ENV, bought the BMW adapter & it worked fine with VoiceII.

My new LG Dare won't work with the BMW adapter cord, wrong size jack on phone. Bought a converter at Verizon, but that doesn't work. Can her calls coming in, but mic doesn't pick up my voice.
Had the same problem. Went thru the same. Got the adapter from Verizon and it wouldn't work. The cord from J&M does, because it patches from the 4 conductor 3.5mm to the 3 conductor 2.5mm on the comm system.

The adapter that Rick talked about from Apple may work too. Took a look at it on their site under accessories for the I-phone and it looks like it may do the job. A little cheaper too at $19

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in