Help! Autocom driving me crazy!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 20th, 2009, 3:52 pm Thread Starter

Help! Autocom driving me crazy!!

My background noise sensor is driving me nuts! The volume jumps to more than twice normal just with a little noise. Even if I clear my throat it will jump suddenly to really irritatingly high level.

The instruction manual indicates that there are two potentiometers within the unit that can be adjusted. Auto volume control steps 1 and 2 and auto control volume 3 and 4. Is there anyone that can help me adjust this noise sensor so my eardrums don't burst whenever the BGNS kicks in?

Since I live far from any competant Autocom dealer I almost have to deal with this myself...

Roy
Norway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 8:07 am
cws

Garage
Re: Help! Autocom driving me crazy!!

Hi Roy.

I changed from an old mono Autocom (Easy7) to the Active-Plus unit and also had a lot of trouble setting up the vox... however I spent some time just screwing around with different setting positions on the external knobs and I thnk also the internal pots and have wound up with a reasonable result. I think at first I had things wound up too high, and had to pair it all back until we could talk without the vox cutting in too late or other weird things happening (volume levels etc)... cant remember specifically how I sorted it (not much help, I know) but I suggest just play with the pot settings to see what difference it makes... Im sure you'll work it out, unless you have a dud unit?

regards

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 6 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 9:14 am

I had similar issues with my installation last year. I solved it by putting the sensor inside the helmet with some tape and tissue around it. It just took too easily all the noise in.

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 21st, 2009, 12:16 pm

I had similar problems and fixed it by just removing the sensor altogether. Have not had a problem since.

Tom

2004 K1200LT Silver
post #5 of 6 Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 5:10 pm

I suggest you e-mail Autocom in UK directly. Their after sales service and back up is second to none.

Kieran.
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 9:30 am

Give me a call 918-446-2245 I will be glad to try and help you. Kieth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in