intercom cost and best place - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 26th, 2009, 1:33 pm Thread Starter

intercom cost and best place

ive a 2005 lt that was without intercom unit. looking for best place ,cost, and workmanship and where to buy and who to take it too im in tennessee and getting there is not a big issue thank much in advance randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 26th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Re: intercom cost and best place

I too am interested. For the future, not enough cash right now.

05 LT
Marine Engineering Officer
US Army
post #3 of 5 Old May 26th, 2009, 4:38 pm

I'm running a "Intaride".. made by a family in London, England.. yeah, it's on the other side of the pond from the colonies.

They have a dealer here in the US I think..

Mine cost under $400 and the headsets are included for 2 helmets..

Flawless for almost 4 years.

http://www.intaride.com/

post #4 of 5 Old May 27th, 2009, 3:55 pm

I'm using a Starcom Advance and have had very good luck with it so far. I have it set up with a Icom gmrs radio, GPS and sat radio (wife also has it on her bike, but no GPS). Have found that cables are les costly than others and have not had any problems with them or Starcom unit. They are available from many sources on line.
Larry
post #5 of 5 Old May 27th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Ordinarily I would recommend Autocom but TopGear is no longer distributing the product in the US and I don't know when or whether they will appoint a new US distributor. When Schuberth terminated its US distributor it kept putting off customers and dealers and never (to my knowledge) appointed a new one.

I will say that Autocom has been responsive to inquiries from US customers and it may be possible to get parts and service from across the pond.

[After I posted this reply I wandered over to the BMW Sport Touring forum. A couple of the Autocom principals frequent that board. There is a post saying that Autocom has sold some product to dealers in the US and that they expect to sign up two new US distribution "hubs" after a meeting in early June. If they nail that down I would not have any problem buying from Autocom again.]

Raffy posted that Baehr has terminated its US distributor. I'd have the same reservations there.

My latest Aerostich catalog had a couple of intercom choices. Might be worth a look. I don't have any firsthand experience with the brands they are selling.

Many of these products can be user installed without a great deal of hassle. Search the list and you'll probably find some friends who can help or give pointers.

Last edited by wcarter; May 27th, 2009 at 5:34 pm. Reason: Added new information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in