Baehr K1200LT Microphone Question.... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:26 pm Thread Starter

Baehr K1200LT Microphone Question....

OK, I need to know what the difference is between the two boom mics that Baehr makes for the helmets? The K1200LT came with the full face helmet mics and I have the 3/4 face helmets with the flip up shield. Short of making these hover in front of me, I need to figure out which ones I do need.

I have seen some folks talk about different ones that were compatable with the Baehr systems, so is there a better choice?

I know it's gonna be great when the smoke clears!

Take care,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:32 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Re: Baehr K1200LT Microphone Question....

Use the 170 mm boom mics for 3/4 helmets and 160 mm for flip ups.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 6 Old May 3rd, 2009, 6:58 pm Thread Starter

Looks like I need two of the 170 mm then. Thanks for such a fast reply! Can you guys recommend a reputable dealer I can get a decent deal at? I also need one more of the rubber plugs for the headset plug and one of the black vinyl caps for the universal inputs if they are sold separately. I may be able to find something similar in an electronics supplier, I'll look this evening.
I canít wait to get this thing going!
Thanks!
Jeff

post #4 of 6 Old May 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm

How about

http://www.motogear4you.com/

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #5 of 6 Old May 5th, 2009, 9:25 am

Yep, as mentioned, the only difference is length. One has a boom length of 160mm, and the other is 170mm long. For 3/4 helmets, you'll likely need to longer (170mm) ones. RaffyK at Motogear4you recommended the 160mm booms for my flip-front(modular) helmets.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing special about the Baehr mics and speakers. In fact, having just recently installed the Baehr speakers and mics in two helmets, I can honestly say that I'm pretty disappointed with their sound quality. Asssumed when you spend the big bucks on a Baehr system, you'd get good speakers. However, mine are pretty inadequate for listeninig to music as they produce no low freq (bass) whatsoever. So everything sounds quite thin despite any sound adjustments (raising bass the way) that I make. And when speaking on the CB, others tell me that it sounds very "tinny", so it seems the mic might alos suffer from this same quality issue. I've read where others have used the J&M headsets (speakers and mics) with the Baehr system...and yet other who have installed aftermarket speakers (like from Sony and.or Radio Shack).

I wish I could think of clever things to say in my signature.
post #6 of 6 Old May 5th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Interesting. I purchased a bike last year that had a Baehr system already installed. My previous bike had a AutoCom unit on it with upgraded headsets. In my opinion, the Baehr sound quality is by far better than the AutoCom even with the upgraded headsets. JM2CW

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in