Which brand of intercom for 2000 KLT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old May 1st, 2009, 8:52 am Thread Starter

Which brand of intercom for 2000 KLT?

I am about to purchase a 2000 LT Trike (Hannigan) (I sold my 2001) - with no intercom. I called autocom and they are no longer going to be the US distributor and they do not have all the parts in stock. The trike converter is a J&M dealer but says he is not sure what will work with the 2000 LT. I need an intercom, I want to be able to hear the bike's radio and CD. I also want to hook up my Zumo 550 with XM and I would like to be able to use my cell phone. We have in-ear speakers. I do not know enough about Blue Tooth to know whether I want it or not.

Autocom said I need the Super Pro kit, Headset extensions (1188), and parts 1314 for Zumo, 1319 and 1321 for the bike's radio. But they don't have everything. Do you think these parts are availble through dealers? Is this all I need?

Is there some trick to an intercom for 2000 LT? I am not tied to Autocom or J&M. I am starting with a clean slate here. The benefit of your experience would be appreciated.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old May 1st, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: Which brand of intercom for 2000 KLT?

Except for Baehr Communications, which is the easiest but most expensive unit, all the other units require you to do some extra work to get an intercom system on your bike. If AutoCom says they are going out of business then I would leave them alone unless you can by a complete used system from some one. Other options you have are Starcom One, Intaride, AKE Communications and J&M Communications just to name a few.

Raffyk sells the Baehr unit at MotoGear4You and or David Falkenstein at Cohesive Technology sells the AKE units.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 6 Old May 1st, 2009, 11:11 am
Lifetime Supporter

We use the Starcom, but run the radio, et al, through it by tapping into the rear speakers. We run the ipod through the radio's AUX input, but you can also go direct to the Starcom.

Motor On ,/'

post #4 of 6 Old May 1st, 2009, 11:12 am

See if beemerboneyard.com has a BMW com. It drops right in, has all the right plugs, and will work with the stock controls.

Tim Barstow

2004 GSA Silver
2007 X Challenge
post #5 of 6 Old May 1st, 2009, 11:29 am Thread Starter

Thanks. I put a call in to Raffy.

Bob
post #6 of 6 Old May 5th, 2009, 6:17 pm

Autocom is not going out of business, Top gear is going out, I have most of the parts your are looking for. Kieth 918-446-2245

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in