BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

BMW NAV + Com + Phone

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jhsonderb 
#1 ·
So i fire up the bike...turn on the BMW Nav GPS... enable the bluetooth to my Blackberry 8830 world edition. They connect and I can transfer my contact list from the handset to the BMW GPS unit. On the BMW GPS unit I can see my contact list but cannot make a call. The BMW GPS unit errors out telling me I don't have a bluetooth headset. It is pretty smart because I don't. I have the J&M's in my helmet connected to the BMW Comm system on my 09 LT. How do I get the BMW GPS to use the headset connections thru the Comm system? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank You

#2 ·
Obviously one of two things(or both) have happened here...

# 1) No one has a clue (including me) or
# 2) No one has seen this request

I hope someone chimes in cause I would like to resolve this issue myself.

#3 ·
I know that there a lots of folks that think being able to make and take a call while riding is just the BIG thing. After having a phone connected to the bike some time back, I'm of the mind that it isn't that smart an idea.

I work in a technical profession and ride my bike for work. I'd get a call from a tech in the field and would ask him to let me get stopped to discuss the situation. It never failed that he would immediately go into problem description and ignore my request to wait until I got the bike stopped somewhere safely. I'd hang up on them and then call them back when I was stopped safely. Needless to say, they'd be really pissed that I hung up on them. I would explain again that I was on the motorcycle and they'd say "You'd never know it, sounds like your sitting in the office and just didn't want to deal with us."

The only person that understood was my wife. She'd call and ask if it was safe to talk. If it wasn't safe and it was important, she'd ask me to call her back as soon as I was able, and I did. If it wasn't important, then she'd just say call me when you get a chance.

I would like to have the Bluetooth setup so that I could see who was calling a decide if it was important enough to pull off and call them back right away. But as for having talk capability again, to quote Al, "I don't think so Tim!"

But this is just one man's opinion.

#4 ·
I think most people have purchased the (now obsolete but available on e-bay pretty widely) Motorola HF-020. It's a hands-free speakerphone kit that uniquely has the 2.5mm plug to plug in a wired headset. The replacement and others on the market do not have this from what I have seen. You use the 2.5mm jack to interface the HF-020 to your cell phone plug in your com system, which, after it is paired to your GPS, makes everything work.

#6 ·
SoberBiker said:
Obviously one of two things(or both) have happened here...

# 1) No one has a clue (including me) or
# 2) No one has seen this request

I hope someone chimes in cause I would like to resolve this issue myself.
This topic has been very popular and has been answered many times. You can do a search and enter hf820 to get many threads on the topic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.