Baehr - Where did you run everything? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Dec 4th, 2007, 2:10 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation Baehr - Where did you run everything?

I've been slowly trying to collect everything to install a Baehr K1200LT system on my 03LT. Right now I'm waiting on the gps mounting bracket so I can place it where the map light is located. I'm wondering if anyone can help me as to where you ran different wires. I am installing the Garmin Zumo 550 at the map light. I also have connectors for an Ipod, cell phone and PTT-FRS radios. Where did you run your Ipod connector and did anyone find a way to keep the Ipod charged or be able to charge it off of the bike? Where did you run the cable for your cell phone? Also I'm not very good at understanding the FRS radios. I ordered part#PTT-01-01(#2638) and AKS-04-01(#0184). How exactly does this work with a motorola hand held radio in terms of the PTT button. It looks like a 3.5 jack goes into the hand held, but how does the PTT integrate? Does the Baehr unit automatically open the channel to talk? Also I bought Midland GXT's. Will these work with this or is there a better Motorola option. Where do did you run your connector to actually place the FRS? Do you keep it on yourself therefore running the wires to pop out from under the seat? P.S. I live in Las Vegas so if anyone is local and has some expertise I'd love it. As you can see I'm a newbie on trying to understand this. I'd just like to be able to talk to the wife with a few extra perks! Thanks - Klemp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 6th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Most run the FRS up on the handle bar. I put mine between the back seat and the trunk and it works nice there but you can't change the channel, so I'm gonna buy an mount for the left mirror hole and try it there. Some use shelves. I don't think there is a best place or a right answer. Where do you want it? Same with the GPS. I have mine on the right handle bar, but I got my eye on a BMR shelf. You've got options, that's half the fun of it.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in