Baehr Question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Oct 8th, 2007, 6:39 pm Thread Starter

Baehr Question

Hello all,

I plan on getting the beahr intercom and had a question. If the passenger wants to listen to the cd player and I choose not too, is it possible to do this and still be able to talk between ourselves?

Thanks
Glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 8th, 2007, 6:59 pm

good question, haven't tried that. I wonder if you can turn down the music input on the rider low enough so you don't hear it but the passenger can. It does have a music fader so my guess would be yes, but I'll have to try it.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #3 of 8 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:25 pm Thread Starter

Re: Baehr Question

Ok, so the intercom worked great in the garage during this past winter install! and tonight I take her out for a short shakedown cruise of 15 miles, radio and CD plays great through the helmet speakers, wife said its still a little cold for her so the intercom part will have to wait a little more.

My question is the clicking/fan like noise I hear when the radio is off,but the helmet is still plugged in, is this the dreaded alternator whine???? do I need another cable(noise supressor)??

Any help would be appreiciated, and I will give RAFFY a call Friday I guess. I need a cable for my IPOD also.

But I must admit that 15 mile ride felt great after being couped up for 4 months.

Glen
Litchfield Ohio

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:57 pm

It might be, it sounds more like a whine to me that gets higher in pitch when the rpms go higher. You can try moving the cables especially the unused inputs if any. I aimed them down (my Baehr is on top of the battery) and it cut the noise a considerably. Raffy does sell the noise suppression cable. Experiment with cable locations, you might be able to minimize it.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #5 of 8 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 7:07 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply

My unit sits on the battery also, and I moved the cord going to the rear to the left side last night, but I did not move the acc port wires as I have nothing plugged into them at this time. But I will try that tonight .

Glen
post #6 of 8 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 7:14 am

just installed on my RT.
The rider and pillion headset cords have a good stow away location, but the other cords (phone, iPod, etc) will nto be used every time. what do you do with them short of stowing under seat and removing seat to take out cords as needed ?
post #7 of 8 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 12:26 pm

I had the same problem on my lt. You need to reroute some of the wires. for me it was trial and error. Even the leads you don't have anything plugged into. What I did was start the bike and put on your helmet. Move the wires around till you hear the noise and then move them till you don't. There is a lot of leads and wires and it is hard to find places to store them. Hope this helps

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 9:20 pm Thread Starter

I had to work late tonight so I will give that a try in the morning. Suppose to be sunny and in the mid 50's, finally a chance to bust loose,

Glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in